SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    OEM Glock (33rd 9mm) and Sig (12rd flush P365XL) mags ... ?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

OEM Glock (33rd 9mm) and Sig (12rd flush P365XL) mags ... ? Login/Join 
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted
Stock and prices are all over the place nowadays.

Who do you like and trust now for OEM magazines like these from Glock and Sig, online dealers wise...?

A good price would be great but not the only factor. Availability is a must. Good people/dealer preferred, small/independent shops especially.

Thanks. I don't want to be raped buying OEM parts in times like these. I need them to be the real thing, in stock / truly in stock / ready to ship to me, decent $...

Rather see my money go to a good shop rather than some yahoo on eBay. Haven't needed OEM magazines in a while. Bit out of the loop, especially during Covid.

Who has what I want and needs the business/sales?

Thanks.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Can't help you w/ the Glock Mags, but for the SIG Mags, here you go...

Sig Sauer P365/XL 9mm 12rd Magazine - IN STOCK @ $34.89 --> https://osagecountyguns.com/si...er-mag-365-9-12.html

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8956 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
RTG Parts has been a good source for Glock mags and parts the last two years. Not the easiest site to navigate to just what you want, leads you to browsing more general categories, and adding more things to your cart. They are great dealers, buy with confidence.

https://www.robertrtg.com/store/pc/Glock-c335.htm

Posts: 9981 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Osage, RTG Parts, TGS, Greg Cote. All are members/vendors on here.

Q

Posts: 26494 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yes, for SIG, Beretta, Walther, Browning and S&W, there's always Mec-Gar magazines, but for Glock and H&K, there's only factory mags.

For Glock, you might want to consider the 24 round magazines in addition to/instead of the 33 rounders. Also, for all my 33 round magazines, I remove the +2 floorplate and install the standard floorplate, making these 31 round magazines. This makes the mags a bit shorter but more importantly, it improves the spring pressure. This means also that I end up with +2 floorplates and inserts (about 15 bucks worth of parts these days) which can then go on my G17/19/26 mags.

If you plan on leaving an extended Glock magazine loaded long term, the spring pressure in the 24 round mag is substantially higher than the 33 round mags, and when the spring is lifting long columns of ammunition, spring pressure is particularly critical.

Posts: 107740 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
RTG is showing a Glock mag made by AC-Unity. $12. Thats cheap! Anyone have experience with them? I have never heard of them before.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16124 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't buy aftermarket Glock mags. Save money somewhere else.

A shot not taken is a shot missed

Posts: 411 | Registered: April 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Thank you all.

And thank you for these Glock magazine tips. I appreciate it.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Yes, for SIG, Beretta, Walther, Browning and S&W, there's always Mec-Gar magazines, but for Glock and H&K, there's only factory mags.

For Glock, you might want to consider the 24 round magazines in addition to/instead of the 33 rounders. Also, for all my 33 round magazines, I remove the +2 floorplate and install the standard floorplate, making these 31 round magazines. This makes the mags a bit shorter but more importantly, it improves the spring pressure. This means also that I end up with +2 floorplates and inserts (about 15 bucks worth of parts these days) which can then go on my G17/19/26 mags.

If you plan on leaving an extended Glock magazine loaded long term, the spring pressure in the 24 round mag is substantially higher than the 33 round mags, and when the spring is lifting long columns of ammunition, spring pressure is particularly critical.

For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Also, for all my 33 round magazines, I remove the +2 floorplate and install the standard floorplate, making these 31 round magazines.

I do this with all my 33 round mags as well.
Some from as far back as 1998. Still running strong.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8033 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mr_Black
posted Hide Post
For some reason AIM Surplus sells the factory OD green 33 round magazines cheaper ($29.95 vs $33.95) than the black or FDE magazines.

https://aimsurplus.com/new-glo...d-magazine-od-green/

- Albert Einstein

Posts: 881 | Location: NW PA | Registered: October 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have never had a failure with magpul G19 mags. But I only use at the range. I only use OEM when carrying or the gun is nightstand ready.

I use OEM g17 springs in my 19 mags with OEM +2. I never thought about removing +2 on the 33’s as they are only used in my Ruger PCC as a range toy. I really like 24s in the PCC as the balance feels just a bit better.

Recently acquired a p365 as I like the slimness of if. Haven’t shot it enough to decide what to do with it. the 15 the store threw in as a sale bonus seems to hang out the bottom pretty far for ccw defeats the purpose. I’m about ready to get a 365 slide for it. But that’s another thread.

Posts: 4783 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mr_Black:
For some reason AIM Surplus sells the factory OD green 33 round magazines cheaper ($29.95 vs $33.95) than the black or FDE magazines.

https://aimsurplus.com/new-glo...d-magazine-od-green/

Thanks for that. Might not be as hot a seller as the black ones. I wouldn’t order them at the same price, but for cheaper, hey….

Posts: 17215 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
These are for self defense and long term storage while loaded (for a 9mm PDW/PCC + G17 backpack kit).

Para's comments were as timely as they were good. I didn't know either of those 33 and 24rd mag tips...

Now I'll be stacking loaded 24s instead of 33s, and downgrading the handful of 33s to 31s, as suggested.

Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Also, for all my 33 round magazines, I remove the +2 floorplate and install the standard floorplate, making these 31 round magazines... This means also that I end up with +2 floorplates and inserts (about 15 bucks worth of parts these days) which can then go on my G17/19/26 mags.

When you transfer the +2 floorplate to a G17/19/26 mag, do you need to swap out the spring? If not, does the +2 floorplate create any feed issues, since you're reducing spring pressure (i.e., same spring in a longer column)?

Posts: 3189 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
When I put OEM +2 floorplates on G17 magazines, I install Wolff +10% springs, which have one more coil than the OEM G17 magazine springs. When I put OEM +2 floorplates on G19 magazines, I install OEM G17 magazine springs, which have one more coil than the OEM G19 magazine springs. When I put OEM +2 floorplates on G26 magazines, no change to the magazine spring is necessary.

A G17 magazine with OEM +2 floorplate and Wolff +10% spring is what resides in my G17 house gun. Eighteen rounds in the magazine, one in the chamber. Tried and true.

Posts: 107740 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post