SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Weird P365 malfunction video.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Weird P365 malfunction video. Login/Join 
posted
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ei90kVQhjm8

Trigger doesn’t fire the gun until you shake it.

I’ve got a P365. Probably 2000 rounds through it.
Never a malfunction.

I don’t know the poster. I have no idea if I trust him.

Anyone seen anything like this?

Posts: 882 | Location: High desert. Nevada | Registered: April 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well I can tell you I think those guys are idiots. Did you watch their drills? First time you turn and run back at me with a loaded gun in your hand I am out. Find a new shooting partner. As for the issue I don’t understand/don’t believe that the issue as described wouldn’t generate a label. They told Sig it would not fire unless you shook it and Sig said to just “break it in”?

I never finished video so is it going in?

Posts: 7480 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, Sig told them to send it in, finally.
He didn't mention on who's dime. He's promised follow-up vid/s about it.

Posts: 383 | Location: Phoenix Aridzona | Registered: March 06, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
I agree with Pete. Idiots.

Q

Posts: 26385 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
While their gun handling is troubling at times, I don't think there is any doubt that this particular gun IS malfunctioning. You shouldn't have to shake the gun to get it to go off.

I do about 100 range sessions and qualifications a year as a part time instructor. Not a great number, but not a little one either.

While I don't own a P365, they are popular, but have been one of, if not the most, problematic guns I've had people bring to the range to shoot. Failure to fully go into battery and light primer strikes are the more common P365 issues I've seen, although I've also seen failures to feed and eject. I've chalked this up to people bringing brand new guns that are unfired or barely fired and not broken in or haven't been cleaned and lubricated after purchase or firing. Perhaps there's more going on. Other P365 issues have been reported on this site. Guns, no matter the manufacturer or model, are, after all, mechanical things created and constructed by imperfect human beings. Sometimes mechanical things don't work like they should, or defective parts are used, or parts get worn and break. I've had several events where something on one of my guns broke and it didn't work right until it got fixed.

I understand SIG telling the owner to break it in some more. I've told that to people from time to time as well, although having to shake the gun to get it to fire is kind of a big malfunction. I'm surprised SIG didn't want the gun back the first time they were called. I tell people not to carry a problematic gun until it's broken in and shoots reliably, perhaps with a different brand of ammunition and to call the manufacturer's customer service if it keeps malfunctioning after a reasonable number of rounds are fired. If the malfunction is serious enough, I tell the owner not to shoot it at all and call customer service. It's good that SIG wants this one back to see what's going on with it. I can't wait to see an update.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: markand,

Posts: 1314 | Location: Gainesville, VA | Registered: February 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My guess is some gun plumber work is involved.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16090 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
My guess is some gun plumber work is involved.

Or they used froglube in the striker channel or sear interface.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1860 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post