SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You guys can quit whining now….lol (Sig 320 10mm)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You guys can quit whining now….lol (Sig 320 10mm) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
When I had a Glock 20, I used full power Underwood ammo in it. But used lower power stuff for practice. A Sig should be able to handle the same routine, I would hope.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16067 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
'Bout time. The M&P 10mms seems pretty nice in-hand, though I still wonder about the durability of their slides. They don't seem particularly stout compared to a G20, or even the Springfield XDm 10mm, though the XDm apparently has a load of other problems that need rectifying, namely small parts breakages. No wonder Springfield stopped shipping the full size 10mms.

SIG should have learned a lot from the P220 10mm. If they didn't, that's why there's the unwritten 1 year rule when it comes to buying all-new SIG models...

-MG

Posts: 1979 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Biochemical
Superfreak
Picture of M4Super90
posted Hide Post
I just want an X grip frame for my 45.....

115 + 115 = 230

Posts: 3675 | Registered: April 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TrojanX4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by M4Super90:
I just want an X grip frame for my 45.....

Amen brother!

Posts: 1874 | Location: Southern California | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got tired of waiting for the P320 10mm
I got tired of waiting for the Gen 5 G20
I got tired of waiting for the XDM Elite OSP
So, less than 2 weeks ago I got the Gen 4 G20.
My prediction was very close. I told someone as soon as I got the G20.4 they would bring out the G20.5 the next week. LOL.
I will give the SIG about a year to work out the bugs and maybe get one then.

A shot not taken is a shot missed

Posts: 407 | Registered: April 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
Exactly! I got tired of waiting for the P365 .380 for my Dad so he went with a S&W Shield EZ .380. He's 82 and doesn't have the hand strength to rack the slide on the P365 9mm, though he loved that gun.

And I just bought a Ruger GT-25 10mm.

I will, however, buy a P320 in 10mm as soon as they come out with a Compact model. I'll put a subcompact .45 grip on it and use X-Grips to carry Compact mags. Because I hate rails on carry guns, and SIG refuses to come out with small non-rails grip modules in any size other than subcompact.

quote:
Originally posted by 22940:
My prediction was very close. I told someone as soon as I got the G20.4 they would bring out the G20.5 the next week. LOL.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6038 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
It's been a couple of weeks now and still no announcement. Wonder if things didn't go so well for the 10mm at the Freedom Days.

Posts: 3375 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paten:
It's been a couple of weeks now and still no announcement. Wonder if things didn't go so well for the 10mm at the Freedom Days.

I'm not sure it's quite ready for release just yet. My understanding is that Sig kinda snuck it in at the Freedom Days event, and didn't really talk it up much, even when asked about it. More of a teaser than a release. I doubt we see these on shelves anytime soon.

Posts: 8541 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
You are probably right. It's just the linked article in the original post mentioned they would officially announce it around May 15th. Of course it didn't mention a year.

Posts: 3375 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I don't see the big deal at least in manufacturing... they at one time had the 40/357 and so only need to make a 10mm barrel.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
nice nice.

Posts: 16 | Registered: November 11, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
I don't see the big deal at least in manufacturing... they at one time had the 40/357 and so only need to make a 10mm barrel.

Are you saying that a 10mm barrel is all that’s necessary to convert a 357/40 P320 to 10mm?
Confused

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47397 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 22940:

I'd hate to see how heavy and wide a Gen5 G20 slide would be given what Glock had to do with the Gen5 .40 slides to keep those guns from shaking themselves apart. It may be a (long) while more before a two-pin 10mm Glock shows up, if ever.

I haven't heard anything from our Springfield rep about the fullsize XDM 10mm production resuming. Presumably they're still rectifying whatever problems the guns were encountering. I guess the SIG one-year rule applied to those guns, too.

I'm tempted by the M&P10; it does feel real good in-hand and I do like the new Shield+ style trigger S&W is now using in the latest M&P production much more over the old articulated tripe. It ain't perfect but at least I don't feel like I have to immediately go to Apex's website after buying a M&P. The only thing that concerns me is how slender the M&P10's slide is. Previously M&Ps didn't do .357SIG very well and at least dimensionally it doesn't appear that S&W did any real beefing up of the slide profile for 10mm. I think the one-year rule applies here as well.

As for the SIG 10mm and the 1-yr probationary period...well THAT goes without saying.

Guess I'll just trundle along and suffer with my chunky ol' Block20... Wink

-MG

Posts: 1979 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
I have always liked the 10mm and 41mag. There's something about a sexy combination of nice flat meplat, good SD, and heavy, tough bullets driven hard that appeal to me. I don't really see the point of shooting a 10mm gun using pussy ammo, just makes no sense to me.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8657 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
^^^

Same here.

I found a P220 in 10mm and a Desert Eagle in .41 Magnum.

Have a few more 10mm, but that is my only .41 (so far).

You could always shop for a BFR in .460 S&W. Lots of fun to be had with that one.

Posts: 9142 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tenacious
Tempestuous
with Integrity
posted Hide Post
It appears that the P320-XTEN has now been officially released on the Sig Store site.
Anyone heard or see an official MSRP for this long awaited boom of doom P320 -10mm?

Posts: 787 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
No MSRP/MAP price mentioned in the Sig email I got this morning.

The Sig website directs to guns.com for their buy now option. No results found.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15284 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The X-Ten is one of the few new polymer guns I'm really excited about.

I currently own a Glock 40 and a Springfield XDM in that caliber.

A quick question to those more experienced with the P320 platform.

Is it possible to use Trijicon RMR/SROs with optics-ready P320s or are you locked into Sig Romeo optics?

Posts: 462 | Location: Illinois | Registered: June 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4155 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
My local shop says $879 MSRP with 120 days "fulfillment."

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47397 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post