SIGforum
New P365 and Sight Options

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/5440077654

May 16, 2019, 11:59 AM
mesabi
New P365 and Sight Options
Last week I picked-up a recent production (March 2019) P365. I didn't really need one, having two G43's and a G43X, but the skeet range on post has them for $500, and there's no sales tax. Plus, I had just brought a very large amount of accumulated change to the bank, which more than covered the purchase price. Also, it's nice to be able to offer an opinion on something I actually have experience with, instead of regurgitating something I read on the internet.

Had it out for the second time yesterday and am now at more than 250 rounds of 115-147 grain handloads and two mags of Hornady CD 135 grain.

Perfect function; no failures to lock back after the last round. Slight primer swipe, but no worse than several other striker-fired pistols I've owned. The trigger is somewhat mushy and not as nice as several other P365s I've dry-fired, but it's getting better. (I got a fresh, virgin one rather than the "coon-fingered" display model, so I didn't try the trigger on the one I bought until I got home.)

Draw and dry-fire from AIW carry doesn't feel as comfortable to me as with the G43; the P365 grip almost feels too small, like it might squirt out of my hand. I think I just need to build up a little more muscle memory.

My only actual gripe concerns the sights. While I personally don't care for 3-dot sights, the X-Rays seem well-built and offer a good sight picture. However: Once again I have a SIG that's set-up for their execrable (used my thesaurus for that one) "combat sight picture". I'd just replace the #6 front sight with a #8 if my cursory search turned up any suitable configurations in stock.

My search did turn-up a company I hadn't heard of before: Night Fision. Their website showed options I liked. Has anybody on SF had experience with their products on SIGs or other pistols?
May 16, 2019, 08:50 PM
Rick Lee
I got my P365 today and just ran 150 rounds through it. I also brought my P220R Carry with Trijicon Bright and Tough sights. The P220R's sights are much easier to see. I would like to add those to the P365, but don't want to just start throwing money into this gun until I've really spent some time with it.
May 16, 2019, 09:44 PM
Greg45FL
I normally use Trijicon HD sights on my handguns but when my older Glock 17 night sights died I decided to give Night Fision a try. So far I have been very happy with them, so much so, I am considering replacing the Green/Yellow front sight on my P365 with an Orange Night Fision sight. FWIW, I felt like the P365 grip was a little small as well so I added Hogue P365 Beavertail Grip Sleeve which adds palm swell as well as girth. To me it made a big difference. I was concerned about it moving but even when wet mine has been solid as a rock. Some people said it can be a tough to put on but I followed the instructions and it went on just fine.
May 17, 2019, 04:17 PM
Warhorse
I put a Hogue Handall rubber grip on mine. I find that it makes the grip ever so slightly thicker, and the soft rubber gives my extra large hands a better purchase on it.

May 17, 2019, 07:41 PM
Montana10
I thought the X-rays were OK, but my eyes aren't what they used to be so I tried these:https://speedsights.com/ Man, big difference. I ordered another set for my P220. The 9mm sights are zero'd for combat distance 12-15 yards, but for my P220 10MM I wanted a 25 yard zero. I called them and talked to Don, and he's making up a set to do just that. Great people and really helpful.