SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Do any US police agencies carry a CZ pistol on duty?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do any US police agencies carry a CZ pistol on duty? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Jljones is right about duty holsters. The only reason I will carry a P-07 is because of the duty holster that is available. If there is not an ALS made for the gun, then it's my belief you should find another duty weapon.

Posts: 525 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snake207:
quote:
I just wonder why they have not caught on.

If I had to take a guess, I'd say lack of available duty holsters.

I think there are plenty. Comp-tac, Serpa, Safariland, Blade-Tech, but I'm not positive. I imagine that problem could be easily solved if LE took to the excellent CZ guns. I recently bought a blade tech for my CZ for classes, and it's the bomb.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8690 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wrightd:
quote:
Originally posted by Snake207:
quote:
I just wonder why they have not caught on.

If I had to take a guess, I'd say lack of available duty holsters.

I think there are plenty. Comp-tac, Serpa, Safariland, Blade-Tech, but I'm not positive. I imagine that problem could be easily solved if LE took to the excellent CZ guns. I recently bought a blade tech for my CZ for classes, and it's the bomb.

And that means absolutely zero. I am sorry but if Safariland doesn't make 10 different duty style holsters for a particular model (saying "oh they make two for this model and one for this one" doesn't cut it), the gun isn't a viable LE choice. Safari land does not own the LE market, they dominate it. Ask the XD market. Ask the HK market. A plethora of other holster manufacturers make holsters for each just like the CZ. But both in the early days did not have support/holsters from Safariland. Neither did well. Neither are doing well to this day in that market. You have to have holsters for duty. Holsters for detectives. Holsters for SWAT. With lights. Without lights. And all the other holster manufacturers don't cut it. Agencies by and large issue on style holster for everyone. The holster is tailored to the need of the end user.

It's sorta funny on gun boards because the "I like the CZ" (or insert any other brand) crowd seems to want to make illogical arguments to support a product that they like. And it flies in the face of reality. One smart thing Smith and Wesson did at the roll out of the M&P was that Safariland had a dozen holsters ready to ship before the M&P kicked off. Before the first gun was ready to deliver, Safariland had every conceivable holster ready for delivery. And in many cases, Smith bought the holsters and delivered them with the guns. Cincinnati PD comes to mind. Smith looked at and understood the impact this would have. How many agencies issue the M&P in some form?

Is the CZ a good pistol? Sure. Would the CZ do great in LE? Yes, with the proper support. And that support is currently five or ten percent of what it needs to be.

Glock has 60 or so percent of the LE market. Every holster Safariland makes is offered for a Glock 17/22. This will speak volumes to those that will listen. And Safariland has 90 percent of the LE market.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post