SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Used Legion prices?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Used Legion prices? Login/Join 
Picture of CQB60
posted
What’s the best price you’ve seen on used Legion models? What was the model, do you recall? I found a pristine P220 Legion with full kit ( coin and second box) for $750

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Wow, that's really cheap. The best price I've seen on a P220 Legion in Colorado has been in the $900 range.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Buy that gun.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Last year, I picked up a barely used P-220 Legion for $750.00.

I looked at the Sales guy (he knew I was going to ask if that was the best price) and he said "Don't even ask, because if you don't buy it I am".

I could not get my wallet out quick enough.

Mine did not come with the coin.

$750.00 is a steal, IMO.

Please post pics.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
I put it on layaway!
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:
Buy that gun.

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I looked at several used Legions yesterday, including a 220. All were around 950 or higher. I paid between 800 and 900 for the Legions I own now.

If it's in good shape, 750 seems like a very good deal, assuming you want a Legion.

You can buy P220's all day long for considerably less.

Only one of mine came with a coin, which I left in box and tossed in a closet. Sig felt the coin was really significant; I called them to ask about something and mentioned a used legion and the customer service rep blurted out that I couldn't have a coin if I wasn't the original purchaser...as if I cared, or had even mentioned it. It's a big deal to them, apparently.

I hadn't really thought much about the slide lock until a few days ago when JJones mentioned it as a hinderance on the Legions. I pulled mine out, and sure enough, it's tiny and hard to press upward, because of the grip. When I have a bit more time I'll remedy that. It's easy enough to depress, but not to activate to lock the slide back manually.

Seven fifty's good.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
Sig felt the coin was really significant; I called them to ask about something and mentioned a used legion and the customer service rep blurted out that I couldn't have a coin if I wasn't the original purchaser...as if I cared, or had even mentioned it. It's a big deal to them, apparently.

Picked up a used Legion P229 this weekend for what I thought was a great price, $750 pistol, box, paperwork, 3 mags. Called Sig today and they had no issues sending me a case and coin, even though I bought it used. Guess it all depends on who you talk to.

A P220 Legion for $750 I'd jump on it.

Posts: 759 | Location: Athol, ID | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
Any Legion up in this area, save for the 938, is running mid 900's used at the least. I'd say you did well!

Posts: 819 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Every day is New Year's Day
for Calendar Boy!

Oh, and I'm BANNED
posted Hide Post
Personally I wouldn't pay any more for a Legion than any other matching SIG model.

Posts: 1045 | Registered: September 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xanth:

Picked up a used Legion P229 this weekend for what I thought was a great price, $750 pistol, box, paperwork, 3 mags. Called Sig today and they had no issues sending me a case and coin, even though I bought it used. Guess it all depends on who you talk to.

A P220 Legion for $750 I'd jump on it.

That doesn't surprise me. It wouldn't be the first time that Sig has lied to me.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redlickranch
posted Hide Post
I shot a Legion 226 9mm yesterday at the range. Super accurate pistol.

NRA Life Member

Posts: 1047 | Location: Bluegrass State GO CARDS!!! | Registered: July 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you buy a used Legion does Sig still cover it under warranty?

Posts: 397 | Registered: June 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AWMP:
If you buy a used Legion does Sig still cover it under warranty?

I'd assume yes if original owner never registered and got the coin. If it comes with the coin, probably not.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20758 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P229 Legion LGS appeared to be like new unfired and they were asking $850.00 with the soft case, coin etc. included.......its mine now......

Posts: 1 | Registered: December 31, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kent j
posted Hide Post
I bought a P226 Legion .40 for $639.00. Thing was new in box but previously sold so technically used. Guy traded it in on new P220 SAO. I called Sig and they registered it to me, signed me up as a Legion member and sent me a case and coin. Gotta love customer service like that.

Regards, Kent j

You can learn something from everyone you meet, If nothing else you can learn you don't want to be like them
It's only racist to those who want it to be.
It's a magazine, clips are for potato chips and hair

Posts: 294 | Location: Southern Indiana | Registered: December 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
A couple days ago I saw a used Legion listed for FTF private party sale. As far as I could tell from the photos posted, it didn't appear to have much wear on it. It was a P229R 9mm w/ all the OEM accessories for $700. Not surprisingly, it sold within a few hours.

Posts: 3172 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
226, 200 rounds fired, with 5 mags and two SIG holsters just sold on FN forum for $800. Local sale in FL

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3188 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have found that most of the people who paid 1100-1200 when they first came out now want 900-1000 for them used. The problem with that, it you can find them new for $999 now with little trouble usually.

With that in mind, I would say $750 is pretty good for a used one.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post