SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P320 X-Five DH3 range report
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320 X-Five DH3 range report Login/Join 
posted
IMG_4642 by [/url], on Flickr IMG_4643 by , on Flickr
IMG_4644 by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/196839617@N06/], on Flickr

I picked up the DH3 to take to a 2 day optics class I'm signed up for at work in 2 weeks. I was thinking about carrying it as a duty weapon after carrying Glocks for the past 25 plus years (started with a P228 32 years ago). I got the gun Monday and mounted a Deltapoint Pro on it yesterday. Went to the range today and shot it next to my G17MOS with an RMR.
Couple of immediate things popped up. For me the P320 has a more natural grip angle. No searching for the red dot the way I sometimes do with the G17. Also I know it is like comparing apples vs oranges but the extra weight of the TXG grip module makes a huge difference in felt recoil and next shot recovery. Obviously as both guns had red dots if you take your time you hit what you are aiming for but I was more accurate with the Sig. I also like the bigger window of the DPP over the RMR. If I start carrying it we'll see how it holds up to the wear and tear of daily carry (in a Safariland duty holster).
I wasn't a fan of the P320 when it first came out but I do like it as the DH3.
Unfortunately I did not take pics of my targets but I have to admit I impressed myself.At 15 yards I was just making big ragged holes from each 21 round magazine. At closer ranges I put rounds through the same holes several times. I know this gun was designed for competition but any edge I can get on the street I will take.

Posts: 342 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post