SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Staccato price inquiry
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Staccato price inquiry Login/Join 
Just mobilize it
posted
For those in the know, how is the XC so much more expensive than the P? I see the P (optics ready) for about $2400-2600 and the XC is $4300+ so how is the extension of the frame and addition of a comp and some slide cuts worth about $1800 more than the P? I could see maybe 3K for the XC, but what else do you get for the difference in cost? In videos the XC’s seem to shoot incredibly flat and have only a tiny bit of muzzle rise even compared to other high end competition pistols though I’m wondering if it’a that much better than the P for anyone who owns one or both.

Posts: 4608 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lots of reasons but basically, it's got a comp., etc.

I have an XL which is Staccato's larger Uncle of the 'P'. I really like the XL.

Going down the opposite end of the Staccato spectrum (the XL being the longest barrel), I just bought a Staccato C2.

Posts: 1447 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
^^^^^How do you like the C2? I have a 2020 model C2 and I love the feel of the compact size even more than the P though the P is a little softer shooting (not by much though).

The XL is nice as well. I think that one is priced in between the P and the XC IIRC.

Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
https://dawsonprecision.com/gu...ato-exclusive-stuff/

This might be of interest.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8340 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
L6E, I struggled with it today. No fault of the pistol, it's just me. I'm giving you my honest, perhaps to my embarrassment, feedback below.

At the moment, its completely stock as I just received it this week. A C2 DPO Tactical with iron sights. Today, I just wanted to shoot it OOB with Irons before I put the Holosun 407k and then changed out the front sight height to match the Dawson 407k carry plate.

My eyesight is not the best so with Irons, read: I suck with Irons but do practice with them but still suck with them. Past 10 yards it's a struggle for me with Irons. With an RDS on my XL, G34, G19, I can bring it back in.

I shot various loads today during a short indoor range session just to see what the C2 could digest without a hiccup. It ate everything I fed it with no issues. Hp's, FMJ of various 9mm weights.

During the range session, I think I was mentally comparing the C2 to my G19 and my G43X. I kept thinking there would be more of a giant leap for mankind with the C2 over the G19/G43X like there was between the G34 and Staccato XL but it didn't feel or handle that way. At least not for this initial one hour session.

Again, it's on me and it's not the C2. I just need to settle into the C2 Grip and put some substantial range time in. One hour doesn't make for an evaluation or opinion but you asked. The 407k Holosun will help as well.

Posts: 1447 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
2PAK got it - basically the comp with the island sight. These are custom guns and everything is made in-house, so that's part of it.

Probably similar to why a Glock 34 costs more than a 26/19/17.

I will say, having shot the entire Staccato line, the XC really is that flat shooting. It's a wicked pistol for sure.
(Don't even get me started how heavenly a Combat Master is... Big Grin My Grail Gun for sure!)

Posts: 12537 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Riley:

Ooooh...very interesting.

I'd love an XC, but definitely can't afford the price right now, since I've got that much money tied up in two other Staccatos. Eek

I think the C2 feels much more natural in the hand than the P, even though I know the grip circumference is the same. For whatever reason, I shoot it more accurately than the P as well. At a class the other week, we did a walkback drill from 3-50 yards and I didn't drop a shot out of an 8" circle until we got to 35 yards and all but 3 of my shots to that point were in a 4" circle. Pretty sure I outshot everyone else in the class, who had dots, with my irons. For whatever reason, I can't do the same thing with the P.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oat_Action_Man:
quote:
Originally posted by Riley:

Ooooh...very interesting.

It is. Get a C2, add that comp, and you have, effectively, an XC for about half the price.

quote:
I'd love an XC, ...

So would I, but I don't see spending that much on a pistol and I think it's over-priced.

quote:
I think the C2 feels much more natural in the hand than the P, ...

I guess it's not just me, then.

When I was at the LGS at which I purchased my R, I fondled other Staccato's. I'm pretty sure they were a P and a C2. Both double-stacks. I found the one to not feel great in the hand, while the other did. Made no sense to me.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
The comp thing is an option. I really do like my C2 better than the P so perhaps the XC wouldn’t feel as good as my C2 as well who knows. For now, a $4300 gun is waaaaaay out of the question so will make do with the C2. I was just perplexed at how much more the XC is. Those who I’ve read about online who have them don’t seem to complain about price though.

posted Hide Post
The XC slide and comp assembly start as one big block of steel and are machined into two parts. I'm guessing the precision machining and fitting required are the source of the expense. To be fair, the Staccato XC is also quite a step up in price from the P.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the XL, about $3,400 compared to the XC. Still a lot of money but nothing like the Atlas I was considering which was about $6.4k.

I haven't shot the 'P'. The XL is is a soft, flat shooter. Shoot 147 gr out of it and you're the grandpa of the range.

I shoot the XL in IDPA and USPSA.