SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Wilson Combat EDC X9, Staccato P, or Sig P210
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wilson Combat EDC X9, Staccato P, or Sig P210 Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
Kind of dreaming a little bit but I think it is about time to save for a higher end pistol. Well at least higher end for my usual budget.

First Up as I have become a bit of a Wilson Combat fanboy here recently is their EDC X9
https://www.wilsoncombat.com/edc-x9/

Followed by the Staccato P
https://staccato2011.com/handguns/staccato-p/

Or do I just stick to a classic I have always dreamed about and just get a 210 of some sort?

Just looking for a high quality shooter of course all of these will out shoot me by a long shot.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25334 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
For me its a P210 followed by the Wison.

No interest in the Staccato here.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4507 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
...do I just stick to a classic I have always dreamed about and just get a 210 of some sort?

Just looking for a high quality shooter of course all of these will out shoot me by a long shot.

Which P210 are you talking about? Swiss, German or American?

The first two, parts and services will be almost non-existent, or at best, very difficult to find, should you ever need them. And don't tell me that things don't break, even on high quality tools. The American, for now, is still good. Even so, who knows when SIG NH will drop the ax on it.

Q

Posts: 26181 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
If you love the 1911, the 2011 platform is certainly one of intrigue- a double-stack 9mm setup in a 1911 system. What's not to like?

I love my Staccato P, I much prefer it to my Glocks and Sigs, etc., and it is now my main home defense handgun. But then I shoot best and enjoy the 1911 platform. I'm actually going to pickup my Wilson EDC X9L tomorrow from my FFL, I ordered it late last year. The EDC is not a 2011 per se, but close enough.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16597 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
I owned the Swiss P210 and the Wilson EDCX9.

The Wilson is a very nice and very well made pistol but I did not love it and I sold it. The P210 is a keeper. Also, they appreciate over time.

Posts: 3248 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
The P210 American will be about half the price of the Staccato and even less than half of the Wilson. I don’t have a Staccato P though my Staccato C2 is awesome and the P is it’s bigger brother so it’s amazing as well. That said, my 210 American is absolutely amazing in every way and is fit and finished as good as any gun costing more than three times as much that I have ever seen and held in person. I would love a Wilson, though more a fan of their 1911 CQB series not the EDC series. Still, it’s a Wilson, it will be liquid butter I’m sure so you can’t go wrong.

In terms of customer service, I’ve had wonderful experiences with Sig over the years though haven’t needed them hardly ever. Staccato I feel has the best customer service I’ve ever witnessed and even though I didn’t have an issue they were amazing and even sent me some stuff I was inquiring about. Like to to tune of a couple hundred bucks worth of mags and parts for zero payment on my end. Then they send out a gift box with a hat and patches and stickers if you simply register your gun with them. It’s free.

I’d say handle them at a gun store and just pick which one you like the best in hand. They are all winners!

Posts: 4608 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
I'm going to give a follow up, as far as the P210 goes I owned an older one many years ago. It was the DK/M49 military surplus version and while it was an amazing shooter, but it was used and abused and never fit that high end perfect type pistol for me.

Fast forward to a few weeks ago, the local range had a P210A (American) in the rental case and I took it for a spin. Well its fit and finish was excellent and I loved the safety and trigger. Your thread got me thinking and I'm going to start putting some money aside to pick one up.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4507 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I have the 2019 P and 2020 C2. I'm probably going to end up getting the Wilson to use as a carry gun.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7990 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
...do I just stick to a classic I have always dreamed about and just get a 210 of some sort?

The first two, parts and services will be almost non-existent, or at best, very difficult to find, should you ever need them. And don't tell me that things don't break, even on high quality tools. The American, for now, is still good. Even so, who knows when SIG NH will drop the ax on it.

Likely an American 210 Target. Would love a Swiss original but the lack of serviceability as you mention likely will keep me away since I want to shoot it.

quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
If you love the 1911, the 2011 platform is certainly one of intrigue- a double-stack 9mm setup in a 1911 system. What's not to like?

I love my Staccato P, I much prefer it to my Glocks and Sigs, etc., and it is now my main home defense handgun. But then I shoot best and enjoy the 1911 platform. I'm actually going to pickup my Wilson EDC X9L tomorrow from my FFL, I ordered it late last year. The EDC is not a 2011 per se, but close enough.

I don’t love the 1911/2011s. I enjoy them but my love is with a SA/DA decocker pistol. It’s where I started but enjoy others options.
Some wild 226 master shop kind of thing has crossed my mind for the list as well but think I have it narrowed to these 3 pretty much.

I may splurge for the X9L as this will be a shooter and not really anything I carry so will likely prefer the longer barrel.

quote:
Originally posted by FishOn:

The Wilson is a very nice and very well made pistol but I did not love it and I sold it. The P210 is a keeper. Also, they appreciate over time.

Mine sharing a little more as to why you think you did not love the Wilson?

————————————————

I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
I know the grip of the original EDC X9 was a little short to match the Glock 19, but it has been updated to get a little more of a grip on it. Honest Outlaw also noted that you couldn’t get as high up on the grip as you could with a Staccato, but that might have been fixed on the newer SFX 9.

If this is just going to be a fun gun, try and get a Staccato XL. It’s very well balanced and has a nicer 2.5# trigger compared to the Staccato P. You can now get one with a optic cut for even more fun. The only downside I had on the Staccato vs my Wilson is the Staccato wants more oil on the rails to work at top speed while my Wilson doesn’t care how much lube it has as long as the springs are still good.

Posts: 4119 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
I've got significant time between two of the three, with the most going towards the EDC.

For an amazing single stack, the P210 will fill the bill. I've heard Sig isn't continuing the full size American anymore, so if that's what you want, I'd start looking. I've heard they will only go forward with the Target and the newer, shorter carry version. I own one because I've always wanted one. I really enjoy it. I may carry it one day but with a smaller profile, twice the rounds and such...the EDC still wins.

I've carried the EDC for plainclothes duty carry for about 4 years and it's hands down the best hi cap 9mm period. The grip size is actually a bit smaller in diameter than a standard 1911, the Wilson/Walther mags are superb and half the cost of the overpriced STI mags going around $100 each.

The Staccato is a superb pistol as well, out of the box ready for an RMR. To me though, compared to the Wilson, it feels blocky and the grip is textured for competition. For daily carry, even duty, it's a bit much. My old STI Tactical 5.0 .45 had plenty of grip. The current versions have me thinking I'm supposed to put gym chalk on as well.

Posts: 818 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
... a classic I have always dreamed about, a P210?

I may have found your answer.

Posts: 9104 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Poppy6x
posted Hide Post
I have all three. My P210 Is the new Carry model. If I were limited to just one of the three I would go with the EDC X9. It’s the one that I’m most accurate with. I was surprised that the P210 did not take honors for accuracy. The Staccato is just an expensive proposition all around, but is lighter than the X9. The P210 has limited capacity but very comfortable to carry. Personal choice of course.

Sigs, HKs, S&Ws, Rugers, Wilsons, Nighthawks, Colts

Posts: 234 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: June 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd like to help you because I've kinda been there more than once. It's all subjective so get the one that excites you the most.

I owned a Wilson EDC-9 when they first came out. Although the Wilson is certainly capable of amazing accuracy, I shot tighter groups with a Langdon Tacticle PX-4. I could put one in the bulls eye but couldn't hold tight groups. But I'm not you.

Have no interest in a Staccato. Again, I'm not you.

I have a P210 Carry. Always thought a P210 Carry would be a great idea. Aluminum frames work for me. The operative word is excitement here. Mine shouldn't be as accurate as a Wilson EDC but mine is in my hands. It's more accurate and I've shot 1911's for years. Old Sigs were too big for my little hands.

Get what excites you the most.

Posts: 38 | Registered: February 17, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:

Likely an American 210 Target. Would love a Swiss original but the lack of serviceability as you mention likely will keep me away since I want to shoot it.

quote:
Originally posted by oddball:

I don’t love the 1911/2011s. I enjoy them but my love is with a SA/DA decocker pistol. It’s where I started but enjoy others options.
Some wild 226 master shop kind of thing has crossed my mind for the list as well but think I have it narrowed to these 3 pretty much.

I may splurge for the X9L as this will be a shooter and not really anything I carry so will likely prefer the longer barrel.

quote:
Originally posted by FishOn:

Mine sharing a little more as to why you think you did not love the Wilson?

The Wilson grip was not quite right for me. (I prefer my Sphinx Subcompact Alpha for 9mm concealed carry.) My Swiss P210 is much more accurate than the Wilson EDCX9. Granted, it is a heavy frame target model. And I love the design and feel of the P210. It's timeless.

Posts: 3248 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have not owned the Wilson EDC9 but have handled my friends gun. It did nothing for me at all. I have owned 4 Sig 210’s, 2 German Legends and 2 American Target models. The Legends were sold about 3 years ago and the 2 Target models were sold yesterday. I also owned the P Duo with a RMR and a C with a Holosun 507k.

Of all those guns, the STI’s shot the best. It is like cheating when shooting them. The 210’s were beautifully made machines and very accurate, but I had a hard time shooting them well consistently. The Wilson was just mea……

Another to consider is the CZ TSO and Shadow 2 series. I sold the Sigs to fund a pair of CZ’s. They just work better in my hands.

Posts: 1093 | Location: Orange Park, FL. | Registered: November 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
I acquired a Wilson Combat EDC X9 and though costly, found it to be a very well made, accurate and dependable 9mm for defensive purposes. A few months later, I got lucky and found a P226R SAO Elite (not "Legion") and discovered that it's qualities mirrored those of the Wilson Combat. In addition to accuracy and dependability, the Sig also allowed me to use the same magazines I'd already accumulated for my other P-series 9mm Sigs and if I wanted to swap barrels, springs, and magazines, I could easily convert my 9mm into a .40 S&W or .357 caliber as easily as my newer DA/SA P226R pistol.

While I don't see getting rid of the Wilson Combat anytime in the future, my Sig P226R SAO is more commonly carried than the Wilson and I purchased a milled upper and Romeo optic from Sig during a recent sale they had to allow that option too.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
My vote is for the Wilson. If you're going to flex, might as well flex with a pretty one.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19570 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Those three guns are kind of all over the place. I'm a 2011 fan so I would lean that way. I also really dig my P210A. No experience with the Wilson.

Posts: 5141 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
In reading and watching videos I think I am digging the SFX9 in 4” over the EDC.

Anyway one slices it it will be a long time before I’ll have the scratch to actually pull the trigger.

————————————————