SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    German/folded slide P220 and SRT/Struts?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

German/folded slide P220 and SRT/Struts? Login/Join 
posted
Hello All,

I have just gotten a folded slide German produced Sig P220 and want to modify it to the same level as my existing P220 and P226.

My P220 Stainless Elite Carry has the Short Reach Trigger, the SRT and the hammer strut/mainspring holder were changed to work with the E2 grips.

I can't remember if I had to change the hammer or not. Is a hammer change from the old German folded slide P220 needed for the SRT or Short Reach trigger?

I think the E2 grip kit works with the SRT setup and both short reach and normal trigger, so that is just a matter of finding the entire kit.

If I CAN'T find the kit, which strut/holder do I need?

However, the trigger. Hmmm. I have realized mine is the 8mm German trigger, and the modern short reach trigger is 10mm- so it won't fit.

Can I 'thin' a modern trigger to that it fits the frame and have it work?

I had to do this to my Beretta 87T when I swapped in the Beretta 89 trigger, so it isn't something new to me.

Any tips would be appreciated!

Sigs and Non-Sigs: I enjoy having options!

Posts: 683 | Location: South San Joaquin Valley, CA | Registered: September 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
The short reset kit will work in your P220

Posts: 9108 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post