SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P239 lack of parts support
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P239 lack of parts support Login/Join 
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Searching only two websites, I came up with all but six parts. Two of the parts were never a regular stocked item, the frame and slide. The barrel isn’t available, but barsto makes a replacement. That leaves the extractor, left and right factory grip panels, and magazine parts.

Top Gun and Brownells were the websites.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Austin228
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
quote:
Parts can be found

a bunch of trolling ignoring all the parts found online and responses from people with actual knowledge

so you said SIG said they can't provide a 239 recoil spring, you lied about that and never responded to me about that

we've found basically every part to the P239 in various posts but we are all "missing the mark"

You are so smart man and all of us just aren't right Smile. Only you understand and yes why should we have to go to gun parts websites to get gun parts(sarcasm)

OR MAYBE you just AVOID RESPONDING when you are proven wrong

yea, the proven wrong is what it is, at this point you're just a troll

NOW YOU'RE TYPING this is about way more guns(or some other unidentified SIG weapon) than the P239 since you were proven wrong on that

Still waiting for your apology on you being wrong about the recoil spring of P239's being the same as a P250SC(and a ton of other SIGs)---oh yea "SIG" told you, righttttttt

I imagine I'll be waiting forever

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Austin228,

Posts: 1471 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: March 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
IF you are responding to me, you will not have to wait forever. When I read that sig had discontinued the P239 I called them directly and tried to order a number of parts including the p239 parts kit, recoil spring and guide rod, extractor, and a few other misc. parts.
Sig, at that time, was unable to supply me with those parts. Why when the recoil spring is shared among a bunch of platform would it be unavailable, is beyond my abilities to understand SIG or its systems.
That is simply a fact of my experience at the time. That later some of those parts are then available via sig is simply not relevant to my comment or post. Parts and parts availability changes all the time.
If you actually read my post about "missing the mark" you would see it is a discussion about SIG providing parts support for some reasonable period of time with discontinued guns. It specifically says one should not have to scour the internet for parts, use 3rd party parts (example of a barsto barrel and wolff springs).
That you can get a certain part now from SIG is a positive and irrelevant. Going to gun parts websites (sarcasm on) was exactly my point. You can read and understand English right? I can't see in any way that I need to apologize for anything posted in this thread. And I'm pretty sure that in the many, many years I have been on Sigforum yours is the first post that I have seen of a long term member accusing any long term member of lying and trolling. so congrats on that and I'll be happy to send you a prize. just email me your address. to make it appropriate it will be one of those unobtainable P239 parts! and of course a certificate.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: hrcjon,

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11004 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post