SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Another P320 Xten variation
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another P320 Xten variation Login/Join 
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted

Posts: 3390 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Pointless and looks like shit.

Take away the marketing department's laptops. Better yet, take away the marketing department.

Posts: 107706 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why can't Sig simply fix the magazine problem FIRST?

Posts: 41 | Registered: December 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
You get an extra magazine, laser engraved grip module and the cerakoted slide with this one. They don't mention the price where I can find it but I'm guessing those "features" add a $400 premium. Any one else have any guesses?

Posts: 3390 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Why is it so hard for them to just make a basic compact model?

Posts: 8647 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Because, it seems, the marketing department is in charge, and I am guessing that most or all of those folks are not gun people.

These days, it seems they are mostly concerned with appearances.

Let the engineers and designers drive for a while.

Posts: 107706 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16382 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Remember engineering giveth and marketing taketh away.

Posts: 116 | Location: State of Confusion | Registered: August 15, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:

Wish I had clapping hands emoji.

Just give me a normal commander length or 3.9.
Then start working on the AXG grip.

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6339 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I will say I did get to shoot my buddy's new "regular" full-size this past week, and it was really nice. We burned through a box of Magtech 180gr 10mm without and issue, and it even fed and fired a bunch of random .40 S&W without a hiccup.

I've had limited experience with 10mm in general, but honestly I didn't find the recoil to be at all unmanageable.... definitely no worse than shooting .45 ACP out of my P245 or P220 Compact.

The X-ten is a damn nice gun, and I really wish they'd get around to releasing it in some practical configurations for what I'd actually use it for. I don't want to be forced into paying extra for "features" or worse, cosmetics that I don't want or need.

Posts: 8647 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:

Doesn't the P320 Xten Comp model satisfy that request, or at least come darn close.,

Yes it's got the optic cut but you don't have to remove it/use an optic, and that's probably going to be a standard feature going forward on any P320 series pistol.

Link P320 Xten Comp

Posts: 23560 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Doesn't the P320 Xten Comp model satisfy that request, or at least come darn close.

Except that here in WA a 3.8" barrel can't legally be used to dispatch a wounded animal for harvesting. That was the annoying aspect of the G29 for use as a woods gun for hunters. And now SIG has done the same.

-MG

Posts: 2008 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
quote:

Doesn't the P320 Xten Comp model satisfy that request, or at least come darn close.,

Yes it's got the optic cut but you don't have to remove it/use an optic, and that's probably going to be a standard feature going forward on any P320 series pistol.

Link P320 Xten Comp

Not really. It is better than the full-size, but it's got more overall length and weight than it has to, and it's more spending money on features (comp) I don't want or need. I'm gonna be hiking with this thing...I want it as compact and lightweight as possible. The optic cut doesn't bother me...I probably won't mount one on a woods gun, but it's nice to have the option if I decide to use it for something else down the road.