SIGforum
Saw an unusual SP2009 today. Manual slide mounted safety.

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/5260073225

September 30, 2026, 04:49 PM
P220 Smudge
Saw an unusual SP2009 today. Manual slide mounted safety.
And a short trigger. Never seen one of these before, can't find anything about it except AI results that say this was for a South American agency contract of some sort that fell through, so an extremely limited number of these were released to the US civilian market and these are collectible-ish.

Truthfully, the trigger was terrible, especially compared to the two other 2022's they had in the cabinet. One of them was a factory FDE, which I also didn't know was a thing. Kind of wonder if a Sig collector did some cleaning out of his collection.

Anyway, it was priced in line with the usual used Sig Pro pricing, so if this one of those "go buy it right now or tell me what shop to call things," then I'd like to know. Would be an easy pickup for an oddball collectible.


______________________________________________
"If the truth shall kill them, let them die.”

Endeavoring to master the subtle art of the grapefruit spoon.
September 30, 2026, 07:58 PM
SigSentry
that's disapointing about the trigger. I wonder if the safety is affecting that. Otherwise, an SP2009 is a nice find. There's an SP2340 BlueLine in a local shop where the slide was black cerakoted or something. I can see the Blueline through the coating. for $479, nope. For $350 maybe. I would be tempted by an SP2009 even with the safety at the right price.
September 30, 2026, 08:27 PM
drabfour
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...570045944#4570045944
September 30, 2026, 09:43 PM
P220 Smudge
quote:
Originally posted by SigSentry:
that's disapointing about the trigger. I wonder if the safety is affecting that.


Safety's slide mounted, so I doubt it. It has that heavy stacking at the end of the DA pull that some Sigs do for seemingly no reason. Maybe as simple a fix as a new trigger and hammer spring, I don't know. I can build a classic Sig out of a bag of parts, but I've never even field stripped a Sig Pro, so some learning would be in order.

quote:
Originally posted by SigSentry:
I would be tempted by an SP2009 even with the safety at the right price.


You know, I kinda hate the safety, but I have a thing for oddball guns. I've wanted an SP2009 for a good 25 years and they're not going to get easier to find. May just need to go grab it even though it's not exactly what I'm looking for. That, and the FDE 2022 sitting next to it because same story there.

quote:


Interesting, thank you for that. The one I looked at is definitely DA/SA, I'm seeing it's kind of luck of the draw whether it's that or DAO when they do turn up. I am not shocked to discover that Para has one. His comment about the safety not decocking the action is definitely something that struck me as odd, being fairly used to Beretta 92's now. It also flips in the wrong direction from anything I'm used to. If I buy it and keep it and put it to any kind of use, I don't see me ever using the safety to be honest, I think it's pretty pointless.


______________________________________________
"If the truth shall kill them, let them die.”

Endeavoring to master the subtle art of the grapefruit spoon.