Find
Notify
Tools

Sig P226 NSW Login/Join 
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lot_45:
The way this configuration was shipped with 10 round mags was disappointing considering a seal would probably not use that optionSmile

When they came out was that about the time the 10 round limit expired? IIRC when mine came in it came with 10 round magazines but also a coupon good for (2) 15 round magazines that could be sent in with a nominal fee.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7099 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The NSW pistols were put on the market in early 2004. The AWB sunsetted in September, 2004

Posts: 107616 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I thought it was about that timeframe and I remember mailing in that coupon in right away.

Posts: 7099 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will keep mine as an occasional shooter. It won't hurt the value over the long term from what I see. I passed on an OIF p228 back in the day. It was offed as an investment. Looking back I should have bought it as a shooter also.

Posts: 90 | Registered: September 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cyberiad:
My memory is faulty but I thought the NSW 226s were made to be sold commercially and the proceeds were donated to a special operators fund of some sort.

You are absolutely correct

Phu Bai, Vietnam, 68-69
Baghdad, Iraq, 04-05

Posts: 16 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: April 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Unique story about my NSW 226. I didn't set out to obtain one, just offered some parts for trade, just looking for a "9mm pistol". The NSW 226 was what was sent, complete with the original box, paperwork, and two 10-round mags. I shoot more accurately with it than with any of my other pistols so I'll be keeping it as a shooter.

Phu Bai, Vietnam, 68-69
Baghdad, Iraq, 04-05

Posts: 16 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: April 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Nice!

Seems you got the better end of parts swapping.

As for me, I was looking for an extra P226 that was cheap. Shopped around a bit on the internet and came across an NSW (with the rail) that was chambered in 9x21.

It was marked down enough for me to get a 9x18 NSW barrel later.

Posts: 9157 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
...Shopped around a bit on the internet and came across an NSW (with the rail) that was chambered in 9x21....

Interesting, I never knew NSW P226 were made with rails, and in 9x21. Mine does not have a rail.

My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Thinking the P226 Navy with the NSW serial didn't come with the rail.

The P226 Navy with a U or UU serial had the rail.

At least from what I've been able to find.

Posts: 9157 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
I have a U-serialed one and it is non-railed. Initially, I had heard they were contract overruns though I’m pretty sure they were not after researching over the years and seeing how Sig runs its marketing. Makes sense they wanted to sell more after the NSW run. Mine even came with a “certificate of authenticity” like the NSW’s. Either way I like mine and I feel that it was the closest thing at the time to the real thing. When the UU railed ones came out I didn’t get one as they didn’t interest me. The MK25 had a lot more traction it seemed and people kinda forgot about the other runs from 2004-2005 ish. I wouldn’t hesitate to pick up a MK25 someday just for the collection.

Posts: 4611 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LincolnSixEcho:
I have a U-serialed one and it is non-railed. Initially, I had heard they were contract overruns though I’m pretty sure they were not after researching over the years and seeing how Sig runs its marketing. Makes sense they wanted to sell more after the NSW run.
Oh, yes, I remember these discussions well.

I understand why people wanted to believe the line of "Hey, these particular pistols really were made for SEALs!"

But, it just wasn't so. Funny how no "contract overrun" P226s were ever offered on the civilian market before SIG witnessed the great interest generated by the 2000 NSW pistols.

In 2003, before the NSW pistols showed up, someone at SIG asked me if I thought there would be much interest in such a pistol. Hell, yes, I told them, and I would want one myself. Frankly, I wondered why they even felt the need to test the waters; it was a no-brainer.

And I did get my copy: NSW1766, and have it still.

So, SIG sells out these 2000 pistols in no time, and (bing!) the little light comes on, finally, and they realize they could sell more of these if they had them. Thus, they were produced. They weren't contract overruns; they were manufactured for the civilian market, and I tried my best to get members to realize this.

Looking back now, I should have left it alone and allowed buyers to believe the hype.

Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
Para just curious did you receive the 15 round magazine coupon I referenced earlier? I have to assume so as your 1766 was after mine.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I didn't get any such coupon, but my example was purchased from a SIG employee- the same employee who asked me if I thought there was a market for these pistols. Perhaps they kept the coupon, which is fine with me.

The AWB sunsetted later that year and SIG magazines became plentiful and inexpensive.

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
A discussion of the different versions of the "SEAL" P226 by our resident expert, Modern Day Savage, is in this thread, https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...920097464#8920097464

The real deal SEAL P226s are in this thread, https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...290022964#4290022964

Q

Posts: 26412 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post