SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Followed Home by a Classic Browning
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Followed Home by a Classic Browning Login/Join 
Picture of pulicords
posted
I've been eyeing this 1952-54 era Browning P35 at my local gunshop since moving to Arizona in July. Finally, I gave in and allowed it to "follow me home", after trading in a couple very old .22 LR pump guns and a rough, Government 1911A1 that my late father had bought in the 1960's. I carried a '70's vintage Browning "High Power" from 1978 until roughly 1988 when I was a cop and like these FN production guns a lot. Although FN has discontinued production of them, I've heard that a Turkish firm has started exporting them to the United States and that they are very well made.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10206 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beautiful, I've been looking for one myself. Congrats.

It's kids like you, who make this bus late.

Posts: 884 | Location: Weirton,WV | Registered: April 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
FN-marked, right? Not a Browning import?

Posts: 107657 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
That’s a classic right there.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
Beautiful Browning, a great addition to your home.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1560 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
That is nice! Wish I'd stumbled across that one at a price I could bear to payWink If you don't mind my asking, what city did you find that one in? I NEVER run across anything like that in Arizona gun shops. I used to have a similar early '50s version. Always thought the internal extractor Hi Powers were especially nice, due to the sear lever pin with serrations to match those of the slide.

NRA Life

Posts: 1565 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, that gun is LNIB for it's age. You found a rare bird there.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
Nice score!

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9366 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
FN-marked, right? Not a Browning import?

Correct!

quote:
Originally posted by rock185:
That is nice! Wish I'd stumbled across that one at a price I could bear to payWink If you don't mind my asking, what city did you find that one in? I NEVER run across anything like that in Arizona gun shops. I used to have a similar early '50s version. Always thought the internal extractor Hi Powers were especially nice, due to the sear lever pin with serrations to match those of the slide.

I found it at Old West Guns and Trading Company in Carefree (AZ). Steve (the owner) knows and appreciates old firearms as well as new ones. He's got some very nice classics there, you may want to check out. Wink

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10206 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
Classic Browning indeed! Thumbprint, internal extractor, ring hammer - the works. My LGS currently has a stunning 1968 T-Series on auction. Predictably, it's already well north of the $1K ceiling. With the discontinuation of the Hi Power, prices for high condition Belgian examples show no signs of slowing down. Congratulations!

Posts: 3507 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Best feeling handgun in my hand, ever. What a nice find.

Posts: 6016 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do you know the exact year of manufacture. I know it is pre-1962, but that's about it.

Posts: 1751 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
pulicords, Thanks for the info. Haven't been in Carefree for some time. No wonder I never come across the good stuffWink

NRA Life

Posts: 1565 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
Very nice-congrats on a great find!

Posts: 4521 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
Very nice looking Hi-Power. Congrats and enjoy!!

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4522 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Congrats!

That’s a sweet looking example.

Posts: 13682 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by squid8286:
Do you know the exact year of manufacture. I know it is pre-1962, but that's about it.

The best we could do was to narrow down the production date to sometime between 1952 and 1954.

posted Hide Post
Very nice, love my Hi power, it’s by far the best feeling gun in my hand that I own.

Posts: 2059 | Location: Alabama  | Registered: February 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is a fine old pistol right there.

Posts: 1751 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post