SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Kind of think I got the "wrong" P365 "kit"
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kind of think I got the "wrong" P365 "kit" Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Nice car, I like the wing on the back.

Have the same 365 with contrast sights and one mag. Wanted the two tone model and I'll change out the sights at some point.
Was a black Friday sale at Bass Pro.

Looks like you have the 'gift' loophole ( Big Grin ) figured out. At least there's a way around their ridiculous restrictions.

Posts: 10056 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 997.1S:
quote:
Originally posted by sleepla8er:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
So all you need to do to get an off list gun is have it gifted to you? That seems EASY.

Awesome.

Its the one saving grace. I think it is a situation where it is really hard for the state to say, for example, you can't inherit a family item (gun in this case). I think you can only get 5 "gifts" a year, but now that we figured out the process and how easy it really is, I doubt I will be buying guns in calif any longer, I'll just use all my "gifts" from parents for all major holidays and birthdays be handguns for now on.

Last time I checked CA law, the non-roster handgun gift is strictly between parent and child or between grandparent and grandchild only.

Non-roster handgun gifts from a sibling, cousin, aunt, uncle, or friend is not permitted.

This is correct

Up and down the family tree not sideways. My bro in TX can gift an off roster gun to my dad and then my dad could decide he doesn’t like it and gift to me. Since me and my dad are both CA residents.

Posts: 4776 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ElToro:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by sleepla8er:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
So all you need to do to get an off list gun is have it gifted to you? That seems EASY.

Awesome.

Its the one saving grace. I think it is a situation where it is really hard for the state to say, for example, you can't inherit a family item (gun in this case). I think you can only get 5 "gifts" a year, but now that we figured out the process and how easy it really is, I doubt I will be buying guns in calif any longer, I'll just use all my "gifts" from parents for all major holidays and birthdays be handguns for now on.

Last time I checked CA law, the non-roster handgun gift is strictly between parent and child or between grandparent and grandchild only.

Non-roster handgun gifts from a sibling, cousin, aunt, uncle, or friend is not permitted.

This is correct

Up and down the family tree not sideways. My bro in TX can gift an off roster gun to my dad and then my dad could decide he doesn’t like it and gift to me. Since me and my dad are both CA residents.

Technically, once it is in Calif, you can just do a normal person to person transfer. It doesn’t have to be even family at that point, this is how some people sell off roster guns for 2-3x retail, they can sell them to anyone, without any familial relationship

Posts: 12 | Location: Calif | Registered: May 07, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post