SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New Glock 40 Gen 5
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Glock 40 Gen 5 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
They made the new gen 5 .40 slides wider and heavier to mitigate the extra pressure and recoil of the .40 round. So these new guns will likely not fit most holsters for Glock pistols and will need new holster designed especially for them.

That's what I remember; for the Brazilian police proposal the .40 Gen5 slides were made wider (and consequently heavier) to provide enough structural integrity to make up for the lost third pin. So unless Glock somehow came up with some magical, super-strength steel formula I would think that the US-market .40s will be built in the same manner. Similar to what HK did with the VP40 in comparison to the first VP9 release.

-MG

Posts: 1993 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by walker77:
I'm waiting for the Gen 5 32.

Waiting for my blue label dealer to get a 23 in so I can make my own 32.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8021 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post