SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SIG P365XL 12 RD Extended mag Issue
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG P365XL 12 RD Extended mag Issue Login/Join 
posted
Bought 2 new P365 XL's one with Romeo one without and bought 3 Sig 12 rd mags with pinky extension .
Tried loading the new mag in either gun and simply will not lock in the gun with or without ammunition . I checked the orientation of the pinky extension and the base plate pin and all is correct but will not seat in the gun . I also checked if a round had loaded in the breach as this top off the gun idea can cause issues and no joy . Both guns are new without manual safety. When loading the flat plate 12 rd mags no problem . Any help please advise

Mike

Posts: 187 | Location: Rocky Mountains | Registered: February 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
What "pinky extension" are you talking about? I'll bet the mags you bought are 12 round mags designed to fit a "regular" P365.

Posts: 1812 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
12rd mags with an extended base plate are for the P365 not the XL. The XL has a larger grip module and the only mags that fit it are the Flat Base Plate 12rd (and there is a 10rd version for restricted states) and the 15rd mags.

If it looks like the below mag, it's not compatible with the P365XL unless it has a flat baseplate.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4522 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I emailed the vender before doing the deal and Mis understood when he said the Extended 12 rd pinky mag would work with the XL . It comes with both the pinky extension and bottom plate and the flat plate to work with the XL .

Posts: 187 | Location: Rocky Mountains | Registered: February 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks much for the education and info on this

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Yeah, unless they're old stock 12 round magazines (pre-dating the XL), all 12 round P365 magazines sold in the last year or two should also come with a flat baseplate in the package, which can be swapped in to make them compatible with the XL.

So just install the spare flat baseplate, and you'll be good to go.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
I just bought a bunch of these magazines from Sig itself and they came with the flat baseplates installed and the other stuff included in the bubble wrap in case you needed it.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post