Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P210 Target Login/Join 
Picture of b52buff
posted
I am looking at the Sig 210 Target 9mm. I am asking for any opinions about this pistol. Also if anyone has night sight available for this pistol.

Time is not always on your side......just sometimes
USAF 1966-1972: C-130,KC-135 and B-52 D and H.
Utapao, Thailand
Wurtsmith AFB, MI

Posts: 185 | Location: NE Michigan | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Great target gun. Awesome trigger.

No night sights available that I'm aware of. And, no aftermarket regular grips available, although some vendors are working on them.

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by b52buff:
I am looking at the Sig 210 Target 9mm. I am asking for any opinions about this pistol. Also if anyone has night sight available for this pistol.

Bought one a couple weeks ago, after having a p210 on my want list for decades. As a gunsmith and importer of classic guns, I’ve examined a dozen or so german and swiss p210s. From what I can see after taking the gun apart and running a few hundred rounds through it, it’s as well made as any I’ve seen. Some things I like better about the US made one. Very accurate, precision handgun. You’ll like it.

“It's never too late to have a happy childhood.”
― Tom Robbins

Posts: 20 | Location: N. FL | Registered: January 18, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shoevb
posted Hide Post
I love mine.

I had been shooting pistols less and less and rifles more because I had become somewhat bored shooting pistols and my hands couldn't take high round range days anymore. I was mostly shooting long guns.

I now take the 210 to the range more than any of my guns and it is very comfortable to shoot as well as accurate. It is just plain fun and makes me look like a better shooter than I am.

Posts: 1218 | Location: Hampton Roads | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
We can do better in the thread title than just listing the name of a weapon. Please be more specific as to why you posted the thread.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have had mine for about 6 weeks now and absolutely love it. It is head and shoulders above the p320 X5 that I had prior to the p210. So if you are even thinking about one of those (especially due to the lower price), forget about it - it has a terrible trigger (at least mine did), no where near as nice as the trigger in the p210. Buy the p210 - you only live once!

Posts: 18 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Night sights on a target pistol?

That's one sweet-looking Sig and no mistake. A bit >< rich for my blood, though, I fear Frown

ETA: Dammit! So I looked into the P210 Target a bit. That was a mistake. Now I fear I'm in lust. Last time I felt this way was when Sig first came out with the P239 SAS.

*sigh*...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ensigmatic,

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Mine has been a very satisfying pistol to shoot. It's easily better fitted than my Legend is (it's more like a Swiss P210) and has an excellent trigger, though I tend to like European P210s a wee bit more in that area. Overall it's a sublime shooter, though I would rather it had come with grips that are less about 'target' and more 'service' or competition in profile and shape. A set of G10s or alloys with a good texture (ala Shadow 2ish) would be where I'd want the grips to be.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
... I would rather it had come with grips that are less about 'target' and more 'service' or competition in profile and shape.

I love those grips. Or, at least, I think I do. I suppose, before getting too exited, I should see if someone locally has one and fondle it.

Those grips remind me a bit of the wood target grips I put on my Ruger Mk. I, except the Ruger grips have a thumb shelf.

I searched the web for reviews and discussions about that pistol and I've yet to have found a single negative review or conversation.

I posted a "vague thoughts" kind of thread a bit over a week ago, cause I kinda sorta was thinking I'd like a new handgun. But nothing on that list, or anything I've looked at, since, really blew my skirts up. The P210 Target does, though.

Looks like street price is around $1,500.00? I don't know if I can make it happen--I can't believe I'm actually considering it--but I think I'm gonna have to try.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of b52buff
posted Hide Post
Thanks to all of you for your help. As soon as I can walk better I will be shopping to do the touch and feel test.

Time is not always on your side......just sometimes
USAF 1966-1972: C-130,KC-135 and B-52 D and H.
Utapao, Thailand
Wurtsmith AFB, MI

Posts: 185 | Location: NE Michigan | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post