SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P320 Legion, optic??
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320 Legion, optic?? Login/Join 
posted
From my research the 320 will fit the DDP and the sig romeo 1. Is one better quality than the other? Do either co-witness?

Thanks!!

Posts: 41 | Registered: May 18, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Romeo 1 Pro is not ready for prime time. DPP is solid but very tall in the base. You will need a new front sight about .400" tall and some kind of rear with the DPP.

Dawson sells a set that has a solid black rear that fits into the dovetail on the back of the DPP and a matching green fiber optic front. Looks a little funny and may need a holster with a taller sight channel.

The Romeo 1 Pro has a shallow sorta rear sight notch that should sorta work with a Sig Suppressor height front.

IMO this is Sig's greatest mistake with the P320 - losing the rear sight to mount an optic. Walther Q series, CZ Shadow 2 OR, and some others do this too. At least the RXP 320's have real rear sights. But you can't get an X5 Legion that way.

You can also get a Bobro RMR plate that fits the factory cut and provides a rear sight.

Posts: 4727 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
I chose to go with the Romeo 1 Pro on my Legion and my son’s Legion and could not be happier. We have 4 other RDS guns in the house and all of them wear Trijicon RMRs. Since the Legions are more or less range/class guns, I wasn’t as concerned about hard duty my life depends on it usage. The ability to co-witness with the factory front sight and the super high base of the DPP swayed me over the the R1 Pro. If I had to do it over again I would still pick the R1 Pro for our P320 Legions.

Posts: 2960 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TrojanX4
posted Hide Post
I also have the Romeo 1 Pro on mine and it works great. No issues so far.

Posts: 1874 | Location: Southern California | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dking271:
I chose to go with the Romeo 1 Pro on my Legion and my son’s Legion and could not be happier. We have 4 other RDS guns in the house and all of them wear Trijicon RMRs. Since the Legions are more or less range/class guns, I wasn’t as concerned about hard duty my life depends on it usage. The ability to co-witness with the factory front sight and the super high base of the DPP swayed me over the the R1 Pro. If I had to do it over again I would still pick the R1 Pro for our P320 Legions.

And the R1 co-witnesses?

posted Hide Post
I don't know if it co-witnesses with the Legion, but it does on my 320 C RXP quite well. I'd like to know specifically why some think it's "not ready for prime time," since I am considering purchasing two more soon.

Posts: 17146 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gman010:

And the R1 co-witnesses?

Yes, there is a channel built into the R1 Pro and two subtle dots on the back of the unit to simulate a rear sight. That is why I went that way instead of the the Delta Point.

Posts: 2960 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
I don't know if it co-witnesses with the Legion, but it does on my 320 C RXP quite well. I'd like to know specifically why some think it's "not ready for prime time," since I am considering purchasing two more soon.

Competition shooters were having issues with the battery compartment cover coming loose and losing the optic while firing in a stage. Making sure the compartment door is torqued to 10lbs of pressure seems to have eliminated the problems. I did that to both of mine when I installed the batteries. Both the DPP, the R1P, and the SRO have a window shape that may be more prone to break than an RMR. I’m not some secret operator busting down doors and jumping from planes, so any of the above choices would most likely suit my needs. If my only RDS was a R1P I would be perfectly comfortable with it for any use I may have including on a defensive pistol.

Rebel Without a Clue
Picture of squad13
posted Hide Post
Has anyone tried with any success to fit a Holosun or Trijicon on their P320??

I know the Romeo 1's and DPP are preferred but just wanted clarification that other brands won't fit.

Posts: 958 | Location: Ohio | Registered: August 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Gman010:

And the R1 co-witnesses?

Yes, there is a channel built into the R1 Pro and two subtle dots on the back of the unit to simulate a rear sight. That is why I went that way instead of the the Delta Point.

Thanks!

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:

Competition shooters were having issues with the battery compartment cover coming loose and losing the optic while firing in a stage. Making sure the compartment door is torqued to 10lbs of pressure seems to have eliminated the problems. I did that to both of mine when I installed the batteries. Both the DPP, the R1P, and the SRO have a window shape that may be more prone to break than an RMR. I’m not some secret operator busting down doors and jumping from planes, so any of the above choices would most likely suit my needs. If my only RDS was a R1P I would be perfectly comfortable with it for any use I may have including on a defensive pistol.

You're not jumping from planes? Then you're doing it wrong

I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by squad13:
Has anyone tried with any success to fit a Holosun or Trijicon on their P320??

I know the Romeo 1's and DPP are preferred but just wanted clarification that other brands won't fit.

Depends how old your slide is. Sig's been making rolling changes to where the newer ones have screw patterns for RMR style sights along with the DPP and Romeo 1 Pro.

Apologies in advance, but I don't have a smaller picture than this, but here's CH Precision's Guide:

They also sell plates to mount RMRs to Sig cuts as well.

Posts: 4182 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rebel Without a Clue
Picture of squad13
posted Hide Post
quote:
They also sell plates to mount RMRs to Sig cuts as well.

Great, thank you!

Posts: 958 | Location: Ohio | Registered: August 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I recommend the BoBro adapter plate. It has a rear sight built in and will allow you to mount up an RMR or SRO.

Posts: 493 | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Competition shooters were having issues with the battery compartment cover coming loose and losing the optic while firing in a stage. Making sure the compartment door is torqued to 10lbs of pressure seems to have eliminated the problems. I did that to both of mine when I installed the batteries.

Are you sure it is 10 ft. lbs. of torque? Seems like a lot, but I am going to increase mine if you are sure on the torque value.

-c1steve

Posts: 4055 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by c1steve:
quote:
Competition shooters were having issues with the battery compartment cover coming loose and losing the optic while firing in a stage. Making sure the compartment door is torqued to 10lbs of pressure seems to have eliminated the problems. I did that to both of mine when I installed the batteries.

Are you sure it is 10 ft. lbs. of torque? Seems like a lot, but I am going to increase mine if you are sure on the torque value.

You are correct, it is 10in. lbs. of torque for the battery cover, not 10ft. lbs. It is snug but not overnight.

posted Hide Post
I just torqued the battery cover on my Romeo1Pro, it screwed in about half a turn, probably was only 5 in. lbs. Now fully seated at 10 in. lbs.

-c1steve

Posts: 4055 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the tip. I'll make sure mine is torqued properly. And maybe hold off for a while on the new ones.

Posts: 17146 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So my legion just arrived, I was thinking about doing the Romeo 3. I saw the Adapter plate through springer Percision, I might go that route. Is the 3 superior to the 1?