SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P225
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P225 Login/Join 
posted
I recently picked up a P225 from an estate sale, its a time capsule... The serial number dates it to 1982, complete in the (new appearing) green box, with test target.. I believe it is unfired, except factory testing. It is an interarms import. My question is does something of this vintage being "import marked" detract from the value, as compared to being "non import marked"?

Posts: 86 | Location: NW Ohio | Registered: June 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Not really, no.

Posts: 107574 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
A service member bring back (with no import mark) might be worth more, but Interarms is no different than any other company importing SIGs.

Posts: 9961 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
That's about as early as it gets with an Interarms import. Interarms imported SIG pistols 1982 to 1984 IIRC.

Care to share the serial number with us? Likely, it's in the very high M400000 range. Also, there's a two letter date code on the chin of the slide, forward of the dust cover, beginning with the letter "J". Probably JC

What makes your pistol valuable/desirable - import markings or no- is the condition as you've described it.

I wouldn't shoot it. If you want a P225 to shoot, there are lesser examples to be had for that.

Posts: 107574 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
And pics. Please post pics. Smile

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jackpot41:
It is an interarms import. My question is does something of this vintage being "import marked" detract from the value, as compared to being "non import marked"?

Depends on how professional, or how amateurish, the import mark was done. Really. PW Arms and C.A.I. markings are garbage 99% of the time. Interarms, they do a good job most of the time, but I've seen garbage from them, too. Let's assume it was really nicely done, I don't really see it detracting from anything, as long as the gun is in as nice of a condition as you described, complete with original box and paperwork.

Q

Posts: 26379 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
I don't see how the import markings would detract from the value as you describe.

Interarms had imported many a Sig before they were the version made for the US market. Early variations may be worth more and/or more desirable.

Even if you found a similar P225 in Germany and had it imported yourself, it would still have to be marked.

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
serial number is M496-4xx
i'll check the two letter date code tonite and report on it.
I have a P6 as well as an A1, compared the three of them yesterday, the West German 225 wins hands down..

Posts: 86 | Location: NW Ohio | Registered: June 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
I don't see how the import markings would detract from the value as you describe.

Interarms had imported many a Sig before they were the version made for the US market. Early variations may be worth more and/or more desirable.

Even if you found a similar P225 in Germany and had it imported yourself, it would still have to be marked.

there are some small importers that do very discrete markings, MMB for example,

I have some SKS's recently imported thru PW that were done very well, much better than a lot of the handguns I've seen come thru them,

with Interarms being a documented (or contracted?) importer at that time, the mark, to me , would be no different than a vintage Beretta with the BerBen logo,
or any of the Star's, Walther's etc that Interarms imported

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10420 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post