SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New Hi-Point JXP 10mm pistol >>>>>>>
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Hi-Point JXP 10mm pistol >>>>>>> Login/Join 
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
I'd like to see some of the Underwood 200 grain heaters put through that Hi Point.
By someone other than me, that is.

Posts: 3807 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
Soon to be found under the seat of a stolen car after a high speed pursuit and PIT maneuver.

17 years deep and I have come across ALOT of guns and never in my working capacity have I come across a Hi Point.

1st gun I ever took off someone was a Coonan .357

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25430 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We don't sell Hi Point but most of the time the Hi Point inquiries we get are from customers that are first-time gun buyers looking for an inexpensive firearm. The interests shown from the typical boyz from the 'hood not surprisingly are set by their own standard and image to withhold. Glocks, SIG P320s, FN 509s and FNX45s, Dracos, Mossberg Shockwaves, 1911s, AR pistols and FN Five-seveNs right now seem to be the most prevailing types that they show interest in (not that they actually can legally buy any of them), from what I've seen with the foot traffic at the shop.

Not that I'm profiling, mind you...no, certainly not that... Wink

-MG

Posts: 2001 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
^ But for barely more $$ you could get a (albeit, smaller) KelTec.
I remember seeing the HP pistols in the case for just sub-$200, and the P11 I bought was $250 IIRC.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15344 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VictimNoMore:
I'd like to see some of the Underwood 200 grain heaters put through that Hi Point.

I can envision the cheap metal breaking allowing the slide to be propelled right off the back of the pistol into the shooters eye! Eek

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16525 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Good ammo is too expensive to waste shooting in a Hi Point. I also value my hands and face a lot.

I get that their is a need for fairly reliable cheap pistols for those that absolutely can't afford something better but some owners of them on the forums like to promote them as the most reliable and toughest pistols ever which is more than a little bit of a stretch.

Posts: 9747 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Damn straight. 200 gr., 1250 FPS muzzle velocity, 694 FT LB muzzle energy.

I wouldn't want to be anywhere nearby if somebody lit one of those off in this pistol. Preferably in the next county

(I have two or three boxes of the hard cast. My Kimber Custom II GFO 10mm 1911 loves 'em Smile)

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
17 years deep and I have come across ALOT of guns and never in my working capacity have I come across a Hi Point.

I run a lot of serials on Hi-Points in my neck of the woods, but sadly, the sexist gun I've run the serial on was an H&K USP.

Posts: 4198 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to the engraved yeet cannon model

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15598 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I'd shoot one maybe if I could wear some protective gear, maybe a space suit.

I don't know, I guess that's overdoing it, but, come on- a space suit. How cool would that be?

Posts: 107636 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Didn't help Frank Poole...

Posts: 4198 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
Soon to be found under the seat of a stolen car after a high speed pursuit and PIT maneuver.

I've taken one Hi-Point in 12 years...we see mostly Taurus and Rugers. You must have a higher class of criminal in your neck of the woods to be packing a Coonan, lol.

Posts: 8591 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
Looking forward to the engraved yeet cannon model

With the hundred dollar bill hydrodip finish.

Posts: 32524 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Well, we have the Yeet cannon and now the Yeet ICBM.

Posts: 10850 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
Damn straight. …10mm 1911 loves 'em Smile)

You’re alright, in my book.

Posts: 3807 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like it needs a bi-pod.

Posts: 7020 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A few boxes of good ammo can cost as much as the gun.

Posts: 266 | Registered: September 12, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

(FAKE ??? You decide) WOW !!! Seems like these Hi-Points are tough enough to survive continued firing of SQUIB loads and not get destroyed. God Bless !!! Smile

https://www.alloutdoor.com/202...llets-didnt-explode/

Somewhere, there’s a Hi-Point 45 carbine owner who 1) probably needs some firearms education and 2) has a very effective guardian angel.

Hi-Point recently posted a couple photos on Facebook, explaining that a customer had sent in a 4595TS 45 ACP carbine, telling them he was unable to hit a target with the firearm. The reason? His bullets were not even making it through the barrel!

The issue probably began with a squib round, an underpowered cartridge which lacked the oomph to propel the bullet all the way through the barrel.

His next shot should have ruined the gun. Most of the time, when a firearm is fired with an obstructed barrel, the barrel fails by rupturing in an explosive manner. But the Hi-Point did not fail.

The hapless shooter continued firing — 34 more times! And the Gun. Still. Would. Not. Fail.

Wow.

Then, instead of chalking it up to firearms abuse and saying it wasn’t covered under warranty, Hi-Point replaced the barrel and returned the gun.
Doesn’t matter whether you love Hi-Point or hate them… you have got to be impressed by the fact that the gun was not utterly destroyed, and that they replaced the barrel for free.

About my only misgiving is that this owner may be one of those folks you wish really wouldn’t own a gun, much less fire it next to you at the range. Fortunately, he chose a really strong firearm.

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3069 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VBVAGUY:
quote:

WOW !!! Seems like these Hi-Points are tough enough to survive continued firing of SQUIB loads and not get destroyed. God Bless !!! Smile

Somewhere, there’s a Hi-Point 45 carbine owner who 1) probably needs some firearms education and 2) has a very effective guardian angel.

Hi-Point recently posted a couple photos on Facebook, explaining that a customer had sent in a 4595TS 45 ACP carbine, telling them he was unable to hit a target with the firearm. The reason? His bullets were not even making it through the barrel!

The issue probably began with a squib round, an underpowered cartridge which lacked the oomph to propel the bullet all the way through the barrel.

His next shot should have ruined the gun. Most of the time, when a firearm is fired with an obstructed barrel, the barrel fails by rupturing in an explosive manner. But the Hi-Point did not fail.

The hapless shooter continued firing — 34 more times! And the Gun. Still. Would. Not. Fail.

Wow.

Then, instead of chalking it up to firearms abuse and saying it wasn’t covered under warranty, Hi-Point replaced the barrel and returned the gun.
Doesn’t matter whether you love Hi-Point or hate them… you have got to be impressed by the fact that the gun was not utterly destroyed, and that they replaced the barrel for free.

About my only misgiving is that this owner may be one of those folks you wish really wouldn’t own a gun, much less fire it next to you at the range. Fortunately, he chose a really strong firearm.

Yup. This '34 times' fellow seems to perfectly fit the "typical Hi Point owner" demographic: exceedingly inexperienced gun owner. However that's impressive durability, despite its eye-aching fugliness.

-MG

Posts: 2001 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
LOL like you said, I guess HiPoint knew its buyers could be inexperienced and built their firearms with passive safeties Smile God Bless Smile

quote:
Originally posted by monoblok:
quote:
Originally posted by VBVAGUY:
quote:

WOW !!! Seems like these Hi-Points are tough enough to survive continued firing of SQUIB loads and not get destroyed. God Bless !!! Smile

Wow.

Yup. This '34 times' fellow seems to perfectly fit the "typical Hi Point owner" demographic: exceedingly inexperienced gun owner. However that's impressive durability, despite its eye-aching fugliness.

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3069 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post