SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P210-A dissasembly question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P210-A dissasembly question Login/Join 
posted
Just got a P-210 target model and have questions on maintenance.
Does the trigger mechanism on the US model lift out like the old P-210?
How often should I take it out for cleaning?
I am used to 1911s, own several, this is my first Sig and want to learn and understand it.
Thanks to all
Specs

Posts: 7 | Registered: January 05, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the board SPECS. No, the US version does not have the lift out trigger group like the old Swiss pistols (I have both).

As far as how often to clean, that's up to you. Most of that would depend on how many rounds shot and cleanliness of the ammo.

Be advised, there is a tail of the spring for the slide release that rides under the takedown lever. It can sometimes be a pain to get it out of the way when putting the take down back in place. Just follow the instructions in the manual. Enjoy It! They shoot great!

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2667 | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info beltfed, really forward to the day I can get to the range.

3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
beltfed, Are you sure? I have an American P210, but perhaps there are different versions? The en bloc hammer/trigger lockwork lifts out of mine just as on my Swiss and German 210s. My 210-2s didn't have the screw securing the lockwork, but my American gun has the screw securing the lockwork just like my 210-6, Legend, etc.

NRA Life

Posts: 1563 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
Rock You are correct. I stand corrected. I thought the screw held the longer beaver tail on, as in some of the older custom pistols. I never owned a German version. I’ve only had three or four of the older Swiss versions until my 210A

Old dog learned a new trick!

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2667 | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
but my American gun has the screw securing the lockwork

Hi Rock185, where do I find this screw and will it let springs fly. Learned this the hard way with a Ruger 22.

3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
Specs, the screw goes up through the bottom of the beavertail to secure the en bloc hammer/trigger assembly. A Torx/star T-15 bit fits that screw, grip screw, etc.

FWIW, It is not something that absolutely must be removed for cleaning. The aerosol cleaners can blast most residue out of the assy. I only remove it occasionally.

NRA Life

Posts: 1563 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info rock185. First SIG and want to learn all I can.
specs

posted Hide Post
I seem to remember reading somewhere that the trigger group on the 210A isn't intended to be removed except when necessary for repairs. Owners Manual with mine makes no mention of removal for any reason, which leads me to believe it's better not to mess with it...

Posts: 6 | Registered: August 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post