SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    PX4 Compact Carry
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

PX4 Compact Carry Login/Join 
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
It’s the retarded little gun that could. I have the LTT version. It shoots like a competition gun.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7933 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Buds shows them at $430 bucks. Pretty tempting.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 15989 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
I just ordered the fugly decocker levers. Any advice on installation?

Sigs, HKs, 1911s, Berettas, Glocks and SW revolvers

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dc54:

From where did you order them? Ernest told me they don't make them anymore. Or do you mean the Beretta version?

I like to put the pin in from the top down and normally it's not a problem, but:

I have two LTT Fugly levers with the hole off center making it non-concentric with the holes in the right side lever and there was no way the pin would go in. I ruined two pins before I realized this. Ended up using an aluminum rivet shaft to temporarily hold things together.

So, before you put the parts in, make sure the holes in the right side lever line up with the hole in the shaft.

Posts: 117 | Registered: August 13, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
There are a few you tube videos on the installation. Just take your time
quote:

Posts: 13789 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
https://www.midwestgunworks.com/beretta-px4.html
quote:
Originally posted by Depami:
quote:

From where did you order them? Ernest told me they don't make them anymore. Or do you mean the Beretta version?

I like to put the pin in from the top down and normally it's not a problem, but:

I have two LTT Fugly levers with the hole off center making it non-concentric with the holes in the right side lever and there was no way the pin would go in. I ruined two pins before I realized this. Ended up using an aluminum rivet shaft to temporarily hold things together.

So, before you put the parts in, make sure the holes in the right side lever line up with the hole in the shaft.

Posts: 13789 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackwater
posted Hide Post
quote:

This is the video you want to watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFjLLkabqYg

Joe

Posts: 2525 | Location: Az | Registered: October 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
I ordered them from Langdontactical.

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
I have worked with Robert Burke over the past year on the PX4’s. He now offers a carry trigger that requires no aftermarket parts whatsoever. Been testing them extensively over the last year with Robert and the trigger is excellent. He has installed the slim levers on all mine and mounted Trijicon HD’s on all of them. It’s my main platform now. I will do a full review soon.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12557 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Balaam's Ass
Picture of Vero8
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know if the subcompact flip down base plate we'll fit on a compact mag?

God bless America...and no one else

Posts: 4396 | Location: Georgia | Registered: August 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vero8:
Does anyone know if the subcompact flip down base plate we'll fit on a compact mag?

No it won't.

Edit:

Let me clarify: It will go on but the magazine won't seat.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Depami,

Posts: 117 | Registered: August 13, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

As was said, there are quite a few YouTube videos available. That's how I did it. One thing I will add is that some of the instructions I've seen said to remove the extractor first, but that's not necessary. Ignore videos that tell you to do that.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

Posts: 1286 | Registered: February 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought a compact G 9mm for $390 shipped and it's one of my favorite pistols. I installed a D spring and I loved it even more. It's such a shame that these guns have languished in obscurity all these years. My only criticism is the poorly designed slide mounted safety. The G version helps alleviate this problem but Beretta needs to make the new lever the standard on all PX4s.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3500 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The latest greatest Beretta levers based on LT's "Fugly" levers are absolutely outstanding. Beretta really needs to just start putting those on all PX4's moving forward.

Posts: 342 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 30, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
quote:
I've also found that the PX4CC recoils less than the full size PX4.

I have found this to be the case as well. I shot a friends PX4 Full Size a few years ago and was VERY unimpressed with it. However, the PX4 Compact is a whole different beast. There is less muzzle rise and less felt recoil in the Compact than the Full Size - as crazy as that sounds. It's almost like they are two completely separate pistols.

I'll also back-up what henryarnaud said, there's NO reason to remove the extractor if you're changing out the decocking levers and/or changing it to a "G".

The PX4 Compact is about as close as you can get to a DA/SA Glock19, with the SIG 2022 coming in a close second (IMO).
I picked up one to try out Appendix carry (jury is still out) - but I have to say it's a very impressive pistol. I put stealth levers on mine, changed the mainspring to a 12# spring, converted to "G" and added some Talon grips.

Qucik comparison pics:
(L-R - PX4 Compact, Glock 19, WC Centurion Tactical, Glock 17)

Posts: 12536 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Those are fat little boogers.

Posts: 10822 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:

1.2” wide with stealth levers. Glock is 1.19 iirc.

Posts: 12557 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
quote:

1.2” wide with stealth levers. Glock is 1.19 iirc.

The camera adds 10# I suppose. Wink

Posts: 10822 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
It's the Talon Grips that make them look fat!

Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:

The camera adds 10# I suppose. Wink

I don’t disagree. The same has been said about the subcompact PX4, calling a fat little bitch. But it is small and may be my favorite CCW I’ve owned. I love the little thing. 13+1 and I love the snap grip extensions. 13+1 in such a small package with a sleeve on a 17 rd full size mag for backup (full grip) is my favorite package to carry. 31 rounds in a subcompact platform.

I use talon grips on all 3 of the PX4 sizes. Not the smallest but the grips are fantastic and make them real shooters.