SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Mint unfired complete TT Ni 1991 W. German P228 for really cheap
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mint unfired complete TT Ni 1991 W. German P228 for really cheap Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted
Or, how my thinning the herd just took a step back again. Roll Eyes

Forum member Didls alerted me to this 2-tone W. German P228 that was cheap. According to seller, this "gun is used but un-fired. The owner has passed. His collection is being sold. This gun has the stainless slide..." Seller had only 4 pics, and none of them showed the factory label. The package is complete with everything, and the slide was clearly Nickel and not stainless as seller claimed. And, to my eyes, it does look like a Klein gun. So, I said to myself, heck, for that cheap, might as well jump on it, since there's a more than likely chance that it will turn out to be factory original. Well, lo and behold, received the gun and SCORED!!! Not only is it confirmed factory finish, but the gun is truly incredible. I have no doubt about the claim of "unfired" by previous owner. And, it was bone dry and tight as a drum, probably been sitting in the back of the safe unmolested all these years. I'm still puzzled as to why seller said stainless slide, when the box label clearly spelled out "NICKEL".

Oh, btw, for just 6 bills, this qualifies as my best gun purchase. Ever.

Enjoy the pics. Cool

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 12131,

Q

Posts: 26536 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Udo
posted Hide Post
Are we bragging or complaining? Just kidding. Nice score!

Posts: 1762 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: January 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Beautiful gun!

Posts: 3738 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Very nice.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5969 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That’s good stuff.

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Nice score!

Just make sure to change the recoil spring at 3K if you decide to torture test it! Big Grin

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
Fantastic find! Bet those 91 sights are a tad dim... Wink

Posts: 825 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
Gorgeous! Thank you for sharing.

Posts: 3448 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
Great find, looks perfect.

Posts: 1579 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
That is beautiful.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37120 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That was the fastest Sale I’d ever seen.
I mention it, go back to the page and it was gone.
Mr Q you are the earliest bird I’ve ever metSmile

Posts: 152 | Location: DFW | Registered: April 19, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow.

Posts: 1198 | Location: Moved to N.W. MT. | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
VERY Nice!! Cool

If the target were not included, there would not be any evidence it had been fired at all, in or out of the factory! Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8977 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice! Always awesome to find diamonds in the rough.

Posts: 93 | Location: Gulf Coast, FL | Registered: September 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
Wow, that thing really is pristine! Nice score Q.

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1314 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Wow. That's nice! Congratulations on fattening the herd, Q Smile

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
Wow...
1991 on the night sights...

Awesome find and investment...

Posts: 4376 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Gorgeous. I have a later vintage one but not NEARLY as nice Big Grin
Congrats!

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15640 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shoevb
posted Hide Post
Absolutely beautiful.

Posts: 1219 | Location: Hampton Roads | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Great karma. Thanks

Posts: 6662 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post