SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What's your opinion of the M17 color?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What's your opinion of the M17 color? Login/Join 
posted
I'm kind of torn on the color of the M17 "coyote" color. I like the slide, but the grip module looks a bit "mustardy" to my eye. It's very different from the FDE on regular 320s. Obviously just personal taste/opinion, but I'm interested.

Question:
What do you think of the M17 color scheme?

Choices:
Love it! Looks great.
It's OK, but prefer standard FDE.
Hate it. Give me a black pistol any day.

Posts: 8944 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
it needs a 4th. its fine. no preference to fde

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I need to see what it looks like when a 2LT fishes it out of a porta pooper or when it gets dragged behind an 1151 on a pistol lanyard before I can give an informed opinion.

Posts: 4546 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^

Pretty sure that will not change the color much.

Posts: 8944 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
If you're gonna go to the trouble of coloring something, either make a deliberate effort to create a two-tone or make the frame and the slide match. Half-assed just looks half-assed.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can live with the finish. But my ancient sensibilities are put off by non-parkerized GI weapons.
Now I will step outside and wait for the bus from the home to pick me up.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16003 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I think it looks like baby shit and will be dated in a few years when that color falls out of fashion.

Posts: 33599 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
I didn't think striker fired plastic guns could get more ugly. Then FDE frames and slides arrived. Smile

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
^^^^^^

Pretty sure that will not change the color much.

You would be surprised.

Posts: 4546 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If the Sirens' call of the P320 X-Compact can be resisted around tax refund time, I'd go for an M17 B. Black finish, please.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rat2306,

Posts: 3201 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love poop colored guns for some reason, really. Especially for open carry in the woods as is required for me sometimes. The more variations on the gun the better as I think that's the stupidity and the charm at the same time. Nothing beats an FDE SCAR IMO but some of the more recent handguns are pretty close (think 19x). So no the color and differences in color don't bother me. But if they did I would just get black, because there is no way to overlook it.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hideous. FDE is the avocado appliance color of our time. It will look as up to date as a Sonny Crockett suit jacket in a few years.

Posts: 49 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Legion Grey is about as far as I'd stray from all black guns.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I guess I'm old fashioned. Unless it's stainless, I want black.

Posts: 934 | Location: WV | Registered: May 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the color.btw: I was a 2lt a long time ago, model 15 long ago and I never dropped my weapons.

Posts: 63 | Registered: May 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
To my eye SIG's use of Coyote tan is worlds better than Glock's idea of "FDE". But it's all a question of personal taste and preference. Some folks can't get enough of it, others can do without. Coyote is the new thing these days; when ordering product for the shop I've noticed a LOT of accessories now claiming that shade for their gear.

I thoroughly like the mismatched FDE on my M9A3 (the black M9A3 not surprisingly just looks like every other 92 model unless one stares REAL hard at it), and on the SCAR. I can do without the lifeless monotone FDE on my SIG 516, but then I think ARs should be 'Evil Black' no matter what, if only to piss off the anti-gun tweekers even more.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post