SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Returning an older pistol to the carry rotation
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Returning an older pistol to the carry rotation Login/Join 
posted
Haven't used my P2000sk in 357 sig for carry in about 8 years. I'm thinking new recoil spring and shoot a few boxes of ammo and a few mags of Gold Dots. Pistol was proven reliable before I boxed it up. Any other suggestions? mags were stored unloaded.

Love my Sigs but carry my Glocks

Posts: 374 | Registered: February 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
Other than refreshing the night sights if you have them I wouldn’t even change the recoil spring unless it was used up when you put it away. I carried a p2000 in 357 sig, then a p2000sk in 357 sig, followed by a p2000sk in 9mm all over the course of a decade. I just had one of my p2000 9mm guns to the range recently and damn if I don’t shoot them really good. It’s a great firearm and a great caliber so good luck with your old friend.

Posts: 2973 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dking271:
Other than refreshing the night sights if you have them I wouldn’t even change the recoil spring unless it was used up when you put it away.

This ^^^^^

Springs don't wear our just sitting there doing nothing.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We Only Kneel
to Almighty God
posted Hide Post
When you have a machine that worked years ago and kept as stated you should be good to go out of the box.

A few boxes of ammo with the mags you will be using should be enough.

Posts: 3427 | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yup. A box or two just for grins and “just in cases” would suit me.

Posts: 7540 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I finally changed my USP 40 recoil spring at well over 50k. I was inspired by a discussion here a couple of years ago. I put the original back in, and shot 5 mags through it. No failures.

I would not worry about the springs.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
"Few boxes of ammo" $$$$

I was at a local gunshop picking up some ammo, and asked for a box of 357 Sig. They handed me a box of 50 FMJ priced at....$69...

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Clean, lube and make sure none of the earlier lube hasn’t gummed anything up. Make sure the extractor moves freely on its spring.

Beyond that and a box to get the feel/double check reliability I can’t see doing anything.

Chris

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7698 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
clinger above as well as others have good advise... clean and lube...

"few boxes of what ever" seems extravagant to me. I'd give it one box of 20 and call it good.... but then I'm still waiting to purchase a Sig, new or used a lot, that doesn't fire and function perfectly.... must just be me.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post