SIGforum
Need Luger Gunsmith in Cincinnati, OH Area

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/5070031184

April 08, 2021, 07:06 PM
Rolan_Kraps
Need Luger Gunsmith in Cincinnati, OH Area
I was visiting with a friend of my Brother's this week in Ohio. He showed me a Luger dated 1921 that was a "bring back" from WWII.

I looked at it, but am not a Luger expert. I know that the magazines need to be cleaned and the whole thing needs a good cleaning.

Can anyone recommend a gun smith in the Cincinnati OH area?

Thanks.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home
April 08, 2021, 08:14 PM
smithbc
Hibbert Armory has done good work for me. I would call before bringing them a Luger first, just to make sure they can do it. They are in Cleves Ohio, just west of Cincinnati.
April 08, 2021, 09:06 PM
Rolan_Kraps
Thanks!

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home
April 09, 2021, 10:30 AM
photohause
They err super easy to disassemble, but a smith would be great. BTW - loading those magazines is a Bitc$...there is a tool that goes with P08s which ads the compression of the mag spring for easy loading. Cheers.

Don't. drink & drive, don't even putt.

April 09, 2021, 12:41 PM
p08
If the mags are wooden bottom originals do NOT take them apart nor even use them. They will crack at the bottom.Watch a video on taking apart a Luger it is very easy and can be done with a screwdriver. Do NOT attempt to remove the main spring as it is a SOB to put back.Remember this gun was made for the military and is easy field strip and clean.

-------------------------------------
Always the pall bearer, never the corpse.
April 09, 2021, 04:53 PM
GT-40DOC
Unfortunately there are few true Lugersmiths working these days. Many/most gunsmiths have next to no experience with Lugers and how they function. If your friend needs to send his Luger to be repaired, then send me a message and I will give you the information for him. If it just needs a clean and lube, then many folks can do that correctly.