SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    232 or 230 SL which to keep
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

232 or 230 SL which to keep Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I’m down to one. A P232 two tone. Stainless slide alloy frame. I dusted it off. Made a holster for it and have been carrying it. An absolute pleasure to carry. As I shooter, I’d rather have the all stainless.

Posts: 860 | Location: High desert. Nevada | Registered: April 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you can swing it, keep both. Ramen noodles ain't that bad; that's how I made it through college...all those decades ago...well...maybe a steady diet of the stuff isn't so great, after all. Wink

If one had to go I say stick with the stainless. I've got the P232SL and it's been a keeper even though I really don't feel much love for .380. I was tempted but turned down an offer for a blued P232 not long ago, only because the Stainless is THE permanent SIG resident for that caliber.

-MG

Posts: 1424 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
I'd keep the 230 but I'm a late cold war junkie.

Posts: 8080 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
posted Hide Post
I've never owned either, so I'm not sure what my opinion is worth, but I've always thought the P230 SL is the most aesthetically-pleasing pistol Sig ever produced. I still want one, against all reason.

Posts: 15435 | Location: Gilbert, AZ | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
the reason I got my first P230 was I had 'gotten into guns' back on 2005 and my wife was planning to take a women's only class and I wanted to find a handgun for her. (this was a mistake) but while making that mistake I did some internet research and had narrowed the two guns I thought she would like to either a Walther PPK or a Sig P230. For good or bad I went to a local gun show and found both pistols and had too much money in my bank account and bought both. Now 18 years later, a friend is very interested in my PPK and I'm going to loan it to him to try out... but I am reluctant to pass it on to him ... he's a Glock guy and I really think for what he wants... a pocket pistol he would be better off with a P365... which I just compared to the Walther and they are exactly the same size.

Posts: 3482 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another vote for the P230SL

God Bless You and Your House,

Mark
www.bikersforchrist.org

Posts: 190 | Registered: November 10, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It was my understanding that one of the main differences between the 230 and the 232 was that the 232 had an improved feed ramp for the shooting of hollow points vs the feed ramp of the 230 which is for shooting ball. Intended ammo should be factored in to the decision.

Posts: 54 | Registered: October 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've never had one problem with my P230 feeding hydro shock ammo... I'm pretty sure all I've ever run through it was Georgia Arms Gold dot ones... that and Seller and Bellot (sp?) ball ammo.

Posts: 3482 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you can let go of your P230SL, you’re stronger than I am. I’ve owned a few P230s & P232s in different configurations over the years but always sold them. When I decided I wanted one example for my collection I specially sought out a P230SL.

============================================
Photographs: https://photobucket.com/u/photoman12001
-----------------------------------
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/photoman12001/
-----------------------------------
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/photoman12001/videos

Posts: 1613 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: December 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I see why you go by photoman....excellent pics as usual !

Posts: 653 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: January 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I don't understand the question? If you keep one it should most certainly be the SL. I'm thinking about selling my 230, first SIG I shot, but I hate it outside of it's beauty. Hard to shoot, hard to grip, slide bit, and there's the joy of the slide bite.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 19867 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tcfiero
posted Hide Post
I have two of each.
230SL
230 blued
232 Stainless
232 Two Tone
Keep both if possible or let the 232 go.

Posts: 327 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: June 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I guess it has to do with hand size as well as one's grip but I'm never been bit by my P230...
now to stray just a tad, I've loaned my Walther PPK to a friend who is interested in buying it and this past Sunday he showed me the top of his shooting hand with the Walther bite....