SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    232 or 230 SL which to keep
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

232 or 230 SL which to keep Login/Join 
Picture of usmc-nav
posted
I recently was able to purchase both a blued 232 and a stainless 230 SL. I would like to keep one of these. I am partial to the 232. Which one would you keep?

Posts: 499 | Registered: August 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
I'd probably keep the 232 as well, although if I was able, I'd most like to have a stainless 232. So crazy, of all my Sig's, the 230/232 has escaped my ownership since the early 90s when I fell in love with them. Just never made it a priority to track one down....maybe this is the year.

Posts: 741 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
Well keep the one you are partial to but of all the 230 & 232 I have had the 230SL was hands down my favorite one.

Posts: 17538 | Location: DFW | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do see if you can’t find a way to keep both.
The blue alloy, magically handsome and light even for today’s standards, and the gleaming stainless, sculpted not manufactured, each have a unique charm you cannot find today.

Posts: 765 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you're selling one for financial reasons, that's totally understandable. But on the other hand, if that's not the case, I'd keep them both.

Posts: 1937 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
Well only you can answer which one you would keep but you asked which one I would keep and that would be the 230SL.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4314 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm trying to figure out how to make a joke out of telling you to keep the blue 232 and pass the stainless 230 on to me... but I need my first cup of coffee first to make it work.

Unless you just have to get rid of one, my suggestion is to keep them. I would love a P232 one day to try and figure out the difference between the two.

Posts: 3482 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
my P230SL will be one of the last pistols I part with. To me it is the prettiest pistol in the sig fleet. Bond should have upgraded to this pistol.

Posts: 256 | Registered: January 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
I have two P230s, an SL and a blued because I liked the look of the slide serrations. There are some P232s that I like and there are some that I don’t like because of the slide serrations. I do like the fact that you could replace both front and rear sights on the P232. All that said, if I had to choose one over the other, I would choose to keep the SL due to the added weight of the SL frame. If I planned to use as a primary carry gun I would choose the P232 with alloy frame and night sights. I have too many other choices for carry that are more practical to ever make me choose option two.

Posts: 2396 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fidelis Marines
posted Hide Post
I would be interested in buying whichever you decide not to keep.

thanks, shawn
Semper Fi,
---->>> EXCUSE TYPOS<<<---

Posts: 3175 | Location: TEXAS! | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
Eat ramen for a couple weeks and keep them both. You need to keep both.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 2980 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm in the "keep 'em both" camp too. I have a couple 230's and 8 or 9 232's, three are ANIB or never fired, so I'm a bit of a fan of the platform.

Posts: 653 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: January 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
Yeah, this needs to be a poll w/ -Keep 'em both. I'm not sure what % of parts are interchangeable but if it's a large %, that may come in handy in the future.

Posts: 6742 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1802 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Stainless all day long.

Posts: 12 | Registered: June 02, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of usmc-nav
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the input. A manual tally of the results says....

5 votes to keep 230SL
4 votes to keep both
3 votes to keep 232

Guess I will decide if I like Ramen noodles

Posts: 499 | Registered: August 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
Keep the 232.

Posts: 2826 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would keep both if that all possible.

Posts: 6376 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't know how you saw my first post, but my real vote would be to keep both.

I do have to say I think the stainless P230 looks better than the blued ones... and while we are posting pictures. As most here have seen before here is the only Safe Queen I have...

I have never shot this pistol... it actually came from here, The Sig forum.... not from a member but the forum in a benefit auction... I have a second one that I carried for years but this one sits in its box in the safe and I just take it out and fondle it every month or so. I think it had gotten a trigger job before it was donated and then CCR did a bead blast on it to pretty it up....

Posts: 3482 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
+1 for the stainless 230

Posts: 515 | Location: Helena, AL | Registered: July 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post