SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P365/XL POA/POI strangeness ***UPDATED***
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P365/XL POA/POI strangeness ***UPDATED*** Login/Join 
Picture of NoQuota
posted
After holding out against buying a P365 for years.

I picked up a P365 X Macro Tac ops, it came with standard height “X-Ray” sights.

I brought it to the range, and using a standard combat hold POI was 1.5”-2” low of my POA.

I found this strange, my P226, and two P320s all shoot POA/POI with the factory sights, and both Ameriglo, and Trijicon “HD” sights.

I purchased and installed a set of much better (IMHO) Ameriglo sights, went back to the range, and problem solved. POA/POI was the same.

Here is where things get really strange.

I purchased a Spectre Comp slide, which came with suppressor height “X-Ray” sights, and a True Precision 3.1” barrel

I have no immediate plans to mount a red dot on this pistol, so I removed the suppressor sights.

I should have left the Tac Ops slide alone, because I had that sorted, but I took the Ameriglo sights off the Tac Ops slide and put them on the Spectre Comp slide.

I went to the range, and POI was 2.5”-3” HIGHER than my POA, again using a standard combat hold.

I expected some POI shift with the “comp”, but nothing like what I experienced.

Any ideas? Any similar experiences?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: NoQuota,

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Posts: 597 | Location: St Augustine, FL | Registered: March 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
I shoot my Tac Ops low also. I blame myself instead of the gun but maybe it’s not all me.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8113 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NoQuota
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shovelhead:
I shoot my Tac Ops low also. I blame myself instead of the gun but maybe it’s not all me.

I thought it was just me. But then I bench rested it. It was consistently 1.5” low.

The weird thing is, with much less mechanical offset compared to a P226, or P320, I’d have guessed it would shoot higher than those guns.

Posts: 597 | Location: St Augustine, FL | Registered: March 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I haven’t bench rest shot it yet.

I love the gun but have to get over this. What is the Truglo part number? I’ll have to look into those (no pun intended)…..

————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8113 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NoQuota
posted Hide Post
I used a “set” of Ameriglos.

I have found that in my opinion they make the best “high vis” front sights, and I prefer a rear sight with a slightly wider opening, for faster target acquisition.

Not sure if I’m supposed to post a link here?
The front sight I used…

https://ameriglo.com/products/details/sw-212-gr-q

And the rear sight I used…

https://ameriglo.com/products/details/sg-418

I have zero affiliation with Ameriglo, and I purchased them myself. I’m pretty sure that trijicon bought them out some time ago if that means anything.

If posting these links is a violation, I’ll delete this.

Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
My standard 365 is POA/POI at 25 yards. I was running draw and fire four to the head from concealment at 25 yards in 10 Seconds today with zero issues.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I still blame myself but always wonder.

One of our instructors at the shop I work at is going to watch me and try to figure out the best course of action to correct my POI, it’s frustrating to me.

Possibly my glasses have something to do with it? They are progressive lenses if that matters.

I’m probably grasping at straws.

Picture of NoQuota
posted Hide Post
So I switched the Ameriglo sights back to the 3.7 Tac Ops slide, and just like before the POA/POI is where it should be, or at least where I think it should be.

I put the Factory Suppressor height X-Ray sights back on the Spectre comp slide and gave it a go.

Still shooting high, maybe 1.5-2” high at 10 yards.

Could it be the True Precision barrel? This just doesn’t make sense to me.

Picture of NoQuota
posted Hide Post
So I switched the Ameriglo sights back to the 3.7 Tac Ops slide, and just like before the POA/POI is where it should be, or at least where I think it should be.

I put the Factory Suppressor height X-Ray sights back on the Spectre comp slide and gave it a go.

Still shooting high, maybe 1.5-2” high at 10 yards.

Could it be the True Precision barrel? This just doesn’t make sense to me.

Picture of NoQuota
posted Hide Post
Update, I think half of my issues were ammo related. I switched from some cheap bulk range ammo I was using, over to some Magtech, and the difference was dramatically different.

After shooting another hundred or so rounds my POA/POI was exactly where it should be.

Maybe the True Precision barrel needed some break in?

Either way, I still shoot the gun better with the XL slide/barrel better than the Spectre comp setup.

Could be the sight radius?