SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    M&P 2.0 at 2000 rounds. Some thoughts.
Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 20
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

M&P 2.0 at 2000 rounds. Some thoughts. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Stock at 25 yards.

Dayum. That's good stuff.

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well, in the words of the immortal Shrek....."'at'll do, donkey, at'll do"

A serious question, maybe I missed the answer as i didn't go through all 9 pages. After the issues with the M&P 1.0 why did you give the 2.0 a go?

I liked the idea of the M&P but I don't think I should have to invest aftermarket parts that much to get quality. With the 2.0 that's solved? and did I just answer the question.

Any how, I opted for other firearms for compact & full size but did enjoy the 9c I had for a while.

Posts: 1754 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: August 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
The M&P to me was that gun that I could really milk for everything it was worth with little effort. So much so, that I have carried a 9c as a back up gun for years, instead of the standard Glock 26 and 27 that most of my coworkers carry. I always hit it from the perspective that if I have to go to my back up, hitting stuff really fast was more important than magazine interchangeability. And I can shoot the little gun fast.

My first M&P was a 1.0 FS 9mm that I purchased when the gun was introduced. And it had a lot of miles on it. It was the original test bed for the Apex Tactical M&P Hard Sear, which pre-dates everything that Apex Tactical now offers. The gun got 16,000 rounds of testing for that project, and twice that many dry fires. The gun probably has 40k through it now, though it has been rebuilt and has an Apex barrel installed.

So, yeah. I am a fan of the M&P. (But, I am also a Glock fan, and 320 fan)

When the 2.0 debuted, I picked one up out of curiosity. I ran 2k through it before I started this thread. Yeah, I'd say that they have fixed the issues, real or perceived with the M&P. I ran the original 2.0 in this thread for a long time stock, and the borrowed 5 inch is completely stock. I can still bang out .15-.18 splits on demand, and .30 transitions in stock configuration.

And I can shoot groups like the above in the stock configuration. I'm going to keep this thread open, and continue to document the stuff that I find out.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by jtd85:
Just out of curiosity, how many rounds does it take before say a glock starts to open up accuracy wise?

Well, that is a difficult question to speculate on, and it would be just speculation at this point. Glock only recently put up a sample that will shoot with the 2.0 group wise at distance. I'll go a step further and say that my 2.0 groups currently are only slightly larger than what you get out of a stock box 1-4 Gen Glock in the factory setting. They are meant to be a 3-4 inch gun at 25. Nothing more. The group size does open up on those guns at around 10k to about what I see out of my 2.0 currently.

Now, with that being said, the Gen5 is a different beast, and it does get the same accuracy that the 2.0 gets out of the box. And I don't have enough, nor know anyone that has enough rounds through one yet to give a good idea of what they are going to do as a whole. My jobs transition has been delayed yet again. Once I get guns out in the field, I'll be able to see better what they will do across a wide range of shooters.

Does this sorta, kinda, help?

Yep it does. Will be interesting to see how the gen 5s do over time.

Posts: 124 | Registered: March 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
jljones +1

I shoot M&P 9mm 4.25 M2.0 in IDPA with Williams adjustable sights. Excellent once I replace the sear with Apex two-dot-sear. Trigger is then between 4.5 and 4.2 pounds-force. Keep a hope that Apex will sell a competition kit for 4.25 M2.0.

Bullseye center-fire I shoot a M&P M1.0 9L Pro CORE with Venom sight and a full Apex competition kit. Nice. Should S&W someday catch up with M2.0 (now in 5, 4.25, 4, and 3.2) I hope they will have a CORE series.

A very big advantage of M&P over the excellent G19 size, striker-fired Berreta, CZ, FN, Caneck, and others is the availability of improvement parts for M&P.

After taking the P320 armorer class, and noting the small-delicate internal parts within P320, I was sure the Army would select something else. With Gray trigger, one can get to about 4.5 pounds-force ant that is it - all of our P320 are retired. They were great once, but have been superseded.

Mac in Michigan

Posts: 504 | Location: Below the Bridge in Michigan | Registered: July 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
2.0 Compact shows promise.....

www.opspectraining.com

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Whtwolf14
posted Hide Post
quote:
2.0 Compact shows promise.....

Got one, and love the feel of it all around. Sold my G19 to my nephew... Eek

Posts: 4281 | Location: Mountains....lots of Mountains.... | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
.....I'm going to keep this thread open, and continue to document the stuff that I find out.

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Whtwolf14:

Dude, haven’t seen you around much. How’s things?

www.opspectraining.com

Picture of Whtwolf14
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Whtwolf14:

Dude, haven’t seen you around much. How’s things?

Good! Finished up my College, and working a lot. Got into riding my Heritage more, so my attention was directed towards that for a bit. Thought about you guys lately over here, so I dropped in and saw the new 2.0's are being received well. Hope things are going well for you??

Posts: 4281 | Location: Mountains....lots of Mountains.... | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone to the Dogs
Picture of tomgun
posted Hide Post
I took my 5 inch in on a trade. I planned to just move it but it didn't sell in the classifieds here, so I took it with me to the range.
You guys are right these things really are good shooters, and I'm keeping it.
The previous owner had removed the safety levers and installed the plugs, but I still hated the LCI.
I saw a thread saying apex makes an LCI delete part so I ordered that this morning. Hopefully that makes me love the gun even more!

Posts: 1696 | Location: Lake Tapps, WA. | Registered: June 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
LCI on M&P M2.0? Loaded Chamber Indicator on my M&P M2.0 is a vertical hole at the back of the barrel - one might be able to look down and see a cartridge. One can not see the hole when shooting.

Mac in Michigan

Posts: 504 | Location: Below the Bridge in Michigan | Registered: July 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
The five inch has a tactile bar. It is ugly.

www.opspectraining.com

Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tomgun:
I took my 5 inch in on a trade. I planned to just move it but it didn't sell in the classifieds here, so I took it with me to the range.
The previous owner had removed the safety levers and installed the plugs, but I still hated the LCI.
I saw a thread saying apex makes an LCI delete part so I ordered that this morning. Hopefully that makes me love the gun even more!

You still have the safety levers? I'd have interest in them.

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by bpnkrtn:
quote:
That and the damn loaded chamber indicator.

Besides being not needed are there other problems with it. Just want to learn ...

Most of the major players won't cut the slide for an RMR with the LCI installed. So, as of right now a 5 inch gun with a RMR is off of the table. (in a 2.0)

I have heard that a non-LCI 2.0 may be released at NRA this year. Should not be a big deal because all the 2.0 5 inch gun is a beefier 9L slide. (at least that is what it appears to be)

Primary Machine milled my 5" 2.0 for a Deltapoint. They just pulled the LCI and milled out the slot. I'll grab a pic of how they cut it this evening. There's enough room for a Glock sight cut on the slide if you wanted a RMR.

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Watson:
My thought exactly. Why are they sending out so many of the 2.0 in camel dung brown? Lots of brown paint and plastic left over?

I'm guessing this is the version of their gun that lost to the Sig 320 in the army trials...

Gone to the Dogs
Picture of tomgun
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tha1000:
quote:
Originally posted by tomgun:

You still have the safety levers? I'd have interest in them.

I do. I'll shoot you an email later tonight when my shift is over.

Posts: 1696 | Location: Lake Tapps, WA. | Registered: June 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone to the Dogs
Picture of tomgun
posted Hide Post
I've been winter carrying my glock 21, so as this pic will show if I can find a holster(I haven't looked around yet)I can carry the 5 incher. It's lighter and slimmer than the big glock.
I too like to carry as much gun as I can.

Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
A good source in the M&P world confirmed what I have been hearing about the 5 inch non-LCI release date. It is supposed to be released at SHOT or NRA.

No word on whether it’ll be released in all black like I hope.

www.opspectraining.com

posted Hide Post
Has there been any mention of M2.0 CORE pistols?

Posts: 1417 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: January 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post