SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    new Staccato CS
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

new Staccato CS Login/Join 
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted

Supposed to be able to order it at 5pm today for Staccato 368 members.

No other info that I can find yet. Picture from reddit. Not sure if real.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8008 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives
posted Hide Post
External extractor......

"I don't own the night, I only operate a small franchise" - Author unknown

Posts: 2447 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
It's real.

Posts: 12540 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by car541:
External extractor......
I'll. Be. Damned. An 2011 pistol with a modern extractor design. What a freakin' concept.

IMO, the very first 2011 should have had an external extractor. No 2011 ever should have repeated what is probably one of the 1911's most common points-of-failure: That verkakte internal extractor.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That’s a hot looking little gun. While I have no need for a 2011, I look at that and think hmmm.

Posts: 1624 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Looks like some shit out of a graphic novel.

Posts: 107459 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
More pics are coming out online. Pricing to be revealed at 5pm CST. Right now it's in my cart with the cost of FREE. lol.

I'm going to skip it. Don't shoot or carry my P or C2 at all. 95% of the time I'm carrying my 43X and the other 5% is the P365 which is about to be replaced by a Glock 42 for pocket carry.

$2499 is what they're asking for it.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8008 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
The way my Staccato R shoots, I'd carry that in a heartbeat. But it's gonna be Staccato-expensive, then there's the holsters. So I'll be taking a pass.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I'm amazed at the marketing genius. They used to sell guns to people who in large part, shot them a LOT, maybe way too much. That lead to lots of broken guns.

So change the name, make them all black, and now the segment of the market that before wouldn't even look at them, considered them "gamer guns", not real guns, not real viable weapons, is all a flutter. They've become the Timmie's ultimate wet dream gun. "Rooney" them up like a parts catalog AR hanging shit all over it and it's the new must have. I laugh every time I see the name Staccato.

(And they don't have to worry about people running 35k rounds on 9 Major through them a year.) Wink

Posts: 21092 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
I know a lot of Staccato fans wanted a mini XC though to do that the barrel would probably have to have been under 2” to allow for the Comp. This seems to me to want to compete with the Bul Armory SAS II.

I am not particularly interested in the new CS as I have a C2 and love it. Who knows though. I’ve bought things before that I didn’t want at first.

Posts: 4608 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I own a P, C2, XC, and a later produced STI Tactical, so I think I "get" the duty/carry/tactical 2011.

I don't "get" this gun. It's one round less than a C2. It's a 0.46" shorter barrel than a C2. It uses an external extractor which would make you think maybe they are trying to cut costs. It costs as much as a P or C2. I have seen some chatter that the mags are proprietary (but have not seen that confirmed).

I just don't see where it fits. I think they'll sell every one of them that they make, but this gun is targeted at a segment of the market ($2000+ subcompacts) that just does not exist.

Maybe I'm just cynical because I was hoping for another XC-style comped gun.

Posts: 5158 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Looks like some shit out of a graphic novel.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Proprietary mags? Pass. Think how many more they could sell if it ran with 226 / 228 / BHP mags!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16059 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
It uses an external extractor which would make you think maybe they are trying to cut costs.

Or it's part of their system to address the reliability issues common with subcompact 1911/2011 models.

Posts: 32485 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Can it saw logs with those grooves?

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:
It uses an external extractor which would make you think maybe they are trying to cut costs.
How would an external extractor cut costs?

Maybe what they're trying to do is improve reliability? Common theme with the 1911 platform is extractor-related malfs.

quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:
I have seen some chatter that the mags are proprietary (but have not seen that confirmed).
If true, I think that would've been a mistake. Then again: Perhaps there's a good reason for it? My Springfield EMP 9mm has proprietary mags, but there was a valid reason for doing that. (The 9mm EMP has slightly smaller grip dimensions and a slightly thinner frame than a standard 1911, taking advantage the the 9mm's smaller size to yield somewhat less weight and somewhat improved concealability.)

quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
Can it saw logs with those grooves?
Those grooves are deceiving from a photo. They're not sharp-edged at all, so they're not the least bit snaggy and they won't abrade clothes, your skin, or whatever. At the same time: They're very grippy in the hand. Purists may mock them, think them ugly, or whatever, but, from a purely functional perspective I far prefer them to traditional 1911 groove patterns.

posted Hide Post
The external extractor is mechanically more complex (since it involves an extractor, spring, pin, and more machine time), but it likely will not require the manually tuning common to internals. The downside is that you can't tune it like you do an internal. I think the reliability issues with most short guns are a combination of the shorter, stouter recoil system and being produced by a company that does not hand tune extractors. Part of the issue is that most higher end 1911 manufacturers and a lot of gunsmiths do not mess with the short guns so all of our "data" is lower and mid-level production stuff.

Regarding the magazines, you won't see a "2011" using a Glock, BHP, Beretta, 226, etc mag because there just is not enough room in the upper fram to accommodate the top of the magazine tube. 2011 magazines taper to a single column feed much earlier than most magazines. This is obviously there to allow a standard 1911 width slide to fit on the frame Not say somebody couldn't make it happen some day, but they would end up taking a lot of material from the strongest part of the frame to do it.

Posts: 5158 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was interested to read today that this is the gun Kyle DeFoor has been posting groups with all summer and just saying "subcompact pistol." I had not made that connection. But I also think DeFoor could shoot a 90+ 25 yard B8 with an LCP.

Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
I’d prefer to make my mortgage payment this month so I’ll pass, Ty Wink

Posts: 13804 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Uh...kind of busy looking (I'm trying to be polite). For some reason it reminds me of a pizza that I ordered a few days ago called 'The Kitchen Sink'. I wonder why...

BTW that pizza was pretty good, so...

-MG

Posts: 1973 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post