SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Tribute to the Sig P239
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tribute to the Sig P239 Login/Join 
posted
Some interesting facts are presented in this short video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZp3WxW5JeU

Posts: 2047 | Location: East Central Toadsuck, Florida | Registered: September 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the video.
I love my P239 SAS 9mm.
It is a keeper.

Posts: 20 | Location: South Florida | Registered: November 13, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
My main carry gun. I have two of them, a DAK and a DA/SA. I was surprised and saddened when Sig discontinued the 239, believing, I guess, that striker fired/polymer/higher capacity was the future of smaller guns. On a carry gun, I want a heavier first trigger pull to compensate for the stress factor that could produce an AD should I actually need to draw my weapon.

To me, the 239 is a little bit of perfection.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:

Yup.

Posts: 2273 | Location: Missouri | Registered: November 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love my 9mm P239. Sure it's heavier and bigger than my M&P 9 Shield but not that much. It has never failed to feed or go bang.

Posts: 460 | Registered: January 08, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Double Yup.

________________________________________________________________________________________
“How dismal it is to see present day Americans yearning for the very orthodoxy that their country was founded to escape.” ~ Christopher Hitchens

Posts: 124 | Location: Pikesville, MD | Registered: February 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Just Plain Cliff:
quote:

Double Yup.

Triple Yup! For some reason I shoot it better than my bigger pistols with longer sight radiuses. I think that it is because it balances well and fits my hand perfectly.

Posts: 655 | Location: Northern Colorado, USA | Registered: September 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig Mann:
quote:
quote:

Double Yup.

Triple Yup! For some reason I shoot it better than my bigger pistols with longer sight radiuses. I think that it is because it balances well and fits my hand perfectly.

This is my experience as well. It just shoots straight and true every time.

I was surprised to hear that P225 mags work in the P239. I'll have to look for some because I only have 4 mags right now.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've owned a couple, but both times ended up getting rid of them for something newer or "better". I wish I'd have kept one now Frown

Posts: 937 | Location: WV | Registered: May 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MT357Magnum
posted Hide Post
Great Video.. Thanks

Posts: 2601 | Location: Mich | Registered: September 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Double Yup.

I was surprised to hear that P225 mags work in the P239. I'll have to look for some because I only have 4 mags right now.

Jim

It's the P225A1 mags that have the same magazine body as the P239, not the original P225. You probably know this already but just in case you don't.

Posts: 234 | Location: Bucks County, PA | Registered: December 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tusk:
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Double Yup.

Jim

It's the P225A1 mags that have the same magazine body as the P239, not the original P225. You probably know this already but just in case you don't.

I didn't. Thanks for clarifying.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like 'em ok... only have three. Smile

Jerry

Posts: 11 | Location: Tallahassee | Registered: October 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's my go to. Fast close ups, to right on @ 100yds.

Carry on

AzCDL
War is less costly than servitude
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."

Posts: 71 | Location: AZ | Registered: December 08, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PhoenixTX
posted Hide Post
I just picked up my first P239. I currently carry an M&P Shield, but love all my P-classic pistols and decided to give the P239 a try. So far I'm loving it. Already ordered a bunch of P225-A1 mags and some P239 extension base plates from Galloway Precision. This should make a nice carry setup.

-------------------------------------
Some old German classic Sigs and some new polymer Sigs...

Posts: 203 | Location: OKC | Registered: July 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I own two. 357 SIG/40 and a 9mm. Both DAK.

Best combination of shootabilty, size, flatness I have found.

Posts: 881 | Location: High desert. Nevada | Registered: April 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting the video.

Two of the pistols among what I shoot the best are the P239 and P228. Discontinued for better offerings?

Well not to me. They "feel" more like an extension of my hand.

. . . and the P239, at longer distances, gets on target more easily in .357 Sig - for me.

Posts: 3078 | Registered: January 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
I bought my P239 on Oct. 26, 2000. It was a .40 and about a year later my girlfriend gave me a .357 barrel for Christmas. I concealed carried it daily up until about 2 years ago. It's a great gun.

Posts: 13020 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
My main carry gun. I have two of them...

Interesting topic in that I had considered a trade for one, but know very little about it. Thanks to you folks, I’m learning that it’s a well-regraded model.

My question for those with P239 experience:
How many of you who love it have larger-than-average hands?

I had read somewhere that it might be small for large hands... But, smaller than my P232SL with a Hogue monogrip? -That grip suits me fine.

Former US Army, Sgt., 82nd Abn. Div. Paratrooper,
Infantryman, (81mm Mortars) Certified Armorer

Love God, Country, & Family

Posts: 89 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: November 27, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have large hands. I can hold a basketball with one hand. I do not find the grip or the 239 itself too small. Nor do I find the flat front strap a big deal as some will tell you.

Posts: 5740 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post