SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Red dot for a Glock MOS gun? This might be just the ticket
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Red dot for a Glock MOS gun? This might be just the ticket Login/Join 
Big Stack
posted
Not cheap though. Very low profile, but small window.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com...docter-optics-glock/

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Funny that you posted that. I’m going the other way. Trijicon SRO. I find the small window of an RMR problematic. Bigger window is better for me. I wish that little thing worked for me because that size is fantastic.

Posts: 7540 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Honestly it isn't - beauty of a RDS is the increased viewing window and not just having to line up the irons.

Not saying it's not going to work, but a 5MOA dot you have to essentially line up the irons for anyway? I'm not convinced.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I mean, I understand it in theory. I even like the concept of making it part of an MOS plate, but I suspect it all falls apart in application.

Posts: 5200 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sjames
posted Hide Post
Do that with at least a RMR size window and they’ll have something.

Regardless, innovation and new products spur the same. I’m good with that!

Posts: 2505 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: August 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Swing and a miss for me and yet I like some of the ideas here. I think the same thing with a bigger rmr sized window that sits above the sights would be more of my flavor but as stated I like the core concept. Making it MOS plate sized should allow someone to spread the internals out and maybe hit a good size with just the window being bigger. Not sure if that makes sense outside of my head. The whole point of a dot is to not use the sights unless something breaks though.

Posts: 3096 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Looks good to me. Hopefully a bigger window is in order.

If the base were wide enough to look like it belonged on a 40MOS I might be tempted sooner...

Posts: 9376 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post