SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    "Used" Sig Pros cleareance?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Used" Sig Pros cleareance? Login/Join 
posted
Perusing GunBroker and found 8 SP2022's in "Used" condition by a PA retailer Sportsman Supplier.
SO... is this the final push by Sig/Distributor to clear old inventory? Is this Taps for the SP2022?

Posts: 691 | Location: PA | Registered: August 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are you sure they aren't L.E. trade-ins?

Posts: 6623 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Broadside:
Are you sure they aren't L.E. trade-ins?

I asked that, they did not respond as if they were LEO trade-ins.

Posts: 691 | Location: PA | Registered: August 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
100% Sea-Moose
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't be surprised given they were supposed to stay in police and military service until 2022.... But maybe that's just Internet fuddery

Posts: 301 | Location: Manchester, NH | Registered: February 06, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
Watching those auctions. Cheap entertainment. I remember when GB had pages and pages. It looks like it's still making SIG money.

Posts: 3518 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Austin228
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NerdRage80:
I wouldn't be surprised given they were supposed to stay in police and military service until 2022.... But maybe that's just Internet fuddery

In 2002, French chose the Sig Pro 2022 for a number of their services along the lines of "military/police"

Something along the lines of 250K-400K handguns made I think, largest pistol contract since WW2 at the time.

French plan at the time was 20 years of service until 2022.

(SIG named the Sig Pro SP2022 after the french contract in 2002, which previously had a SP2009 designation)

Although I haven't heard anything about French pistols coming here myself or any plans on that.

Posts: 1471 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: March 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Austin228:
(SIG named the Sig Pro SP2022 after the french contract in 2002, which previously had a SP2009 designation)

I believe the SP2009 had a proprietary accessary rail while the SP2022 has the picatinny rail system.

Posts: 6623 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am curious to see if anyone bids on this. It looks like they have more than one but the description says it came from a collection and has the same part number. I bid on a used 229 years ago from them and it ended with no winning bid, I thought mine was the winning bid, and then it reappeared as if it was a new product up for bid. I emailed them and never got a reply. Maybe I just don’t understand their bidding process but it seemed odd to me.

Posts: 19 | Location: Strattanville Pennsylvania  | Registered: January 03, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just Hanging Around
posted Hide Post
quote:
I believe the SP2009 had a proprietary accessary rail while the SP2022 has the picatinny rail system.

You’re 99.9% correct.
Back in 2013, Sig sold some new 2022’s with Swiss frames. From a distance, they looked like 2009’s, but up close the slide was marked 2022, and they were sold as 2022’s.

Posts: 3235 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Muddflap:
quote:

You’re 99.9% correct.
Back in 2013, Sig sold some new 2022’s with Swiss frames. From a distance, they looked like 2009’s, but up close the slide was marked 2022, and they were sold as 2022’s.

I have one of them. Such a better looking gun than the ones with the pic rail.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25420 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just Hanging Around
posted Hide Post
I have one too, and I completely agree with you.

Posts: 3235 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So... I think I am living Groundhog day. Seller is back, with another batch of Sp2022's. I know the first batch has passes because the auction dates already passed.
I know I am not losing my mind, what's the explanation????

posted Hide Post
I don’t have an explanation but as I posted before the same thing happened to me. I don’t know the rules about bidding but I have to assume if they don’t get the price they want then they just close the bid and repost it? It still looks like the same gun is posted multiple times too. I am still interested in seeing if anyone ever won a bid and got the gun.

Posts: 19 | Location: Strattanville Pennsylvania  | Registered: January 03, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
They are used so likely from an agency, department, security company that is changing weapons.
Very common practice.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25420 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In my opinion…probably not. The 2022 shows up in a lot of places. The Chilean or Peruvian national police contracted something like 30,000 of them only a few years ago. There are a bunch in Colombia but I don’t know if they’re still replacing their’s with new parts and units. Many of them floating around Iraq and Afghanistan during the GWOT. My guess is that the Sig Pro isn’t done yet but who knows.

Posts: 2957 | Location: NM | Registered: July 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post