SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New Beretta 92x Barrel Problem?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Beretta 92x Barrel Problem? Login/Join 
posted
I’m not sure if I’m making something out of nothing or I might possibly have a bad barrel on my brand, spanking new 92x RDO. After cleaning the barrel for the first time (Shooters Choice and then Bore Tech Eliminator), the barrel is dark and, at least to me, looks rough. In addition, cleaning patches continue to show signs of copper fouling (blue), which I think is somewhat unusual for a gun that has been only test fired.. All the barrels on my other handguns (S&W, Springfield Armory, Beretta 21) and various make rifles have always been bright and smooth looking even after considerable use. The interior and exterior of the frame and slide are fine.
I’m open to suggestions regarding what to do. I don’t want to shoot the it and have Beretta service tell me it’s my fault. Thanks, Tom

Posts: 32 | Registered: May 21, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd fire it and see how it groups. If it's okay and no obvious signs of excessive wear or corrosion, don't worry about it.

DPR

Posts: 656 | Registered: March 10, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Put five rounds thru it, while benched or across a sand bag, at 15 yards and focus on the fundamentals. Then post your group.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11281 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
My new 92x compact has a rougher finish in the bore than some of my other guns. It shoots just fine, though. It's a tool, not a work of art...if it groups ok, carry on and don't worry about it. If it doesn't, call Beretta. I can't imagine they'll give you any grief for shooting it...that's what they made it to do.

Posts: 8569 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My LTT has a rough bore on the stainless barrel. Seems to be an issue with U.S. made Berettas.

Posts: 4718 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
Did Beretta change something recently? Used to be all 92s barrels were chrome-lined

Posts: 2679 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jelly:
Did Beretta change something recently? Used to be all 92s barrels were chrome-lined

The stainless ones were not. But all the others have been.

Be aware that where the chrome lining ends is different on American vs European made models.

Posts: 7 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 09, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post