SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New Gun Day: FN 509c Tactical
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Gun Day: FN 509c Tactical Login/Join 
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted
I recently moved from communist Western Washington to Eastern Washington (which is mainly all red but unfortunately still has to deal with all of the BS regulations that come from King County .. regardless, it's still WAY better here).

509 is the area code that services EVERYTHING east of the mountains (which is like half of the state).

Soooo .. when I saw that FN had released a new compact "tactical" variant of their '509' pistol earlier this year I couldn't resist .. this is eastern Washington's pistol!!!

Comes with a threaded barrel, suppressor-height sights, slide cutouts for optics, 24 round mag, etc.

I bought a Vortex Venom 6MOA red dot to mount on top too.

Looking forward to getting some rounds through it.

Posts: 5075 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
I have the midsize MRD in black finish with the Venom 3MOA and it’s a nice package. That compact is slick!

Posts: 4611 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^ nice, sounds like a nice setup you have there.

Posts: 5075 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice set up !! I like that package and think the G26 gen 5 cut for the RMR would be a hit. I am waiting for my FDE Trijicon Type 2 6.25 in FDE to put on my FN Midsize in FDE.
I would rather have a 3 size dot but everyone was out of stock.
Let us know how it shoots

Posts: 539 | Registered: August 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of T.Webb
posted Hide Post
Sweet. I've got the original 509. They're nice shooters.

"Tonight, we are a country awakened to danger and called to defend freedom. Our grief has turned to anger and anger to resolution. Whether we bring our enemies to justice or bring justice to our enemies, justice will be done". {George W. Bush, Post 9/11}

Posts: 842 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. / Stephentown, N.Y. | Registered: March 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Nice choice and a sexy looking gun. I have several FN’s and all they do is shoot everytime. I gave my wife my earliest FNP and looked to replace it with another FN but wound up with a CZ PO7. Like to hear a range report when you get a chance.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8537 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
If it shoots as good as it looks, you done well. Congrats on the move out of western WA.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10495 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Once and Future SIG Shooter
Picture of Mike S
posted Hide Post
A shop near me has one, and I have been looking pretty hard at it. Yours looks awesome! Making me very jealous!!

Posts: 4524 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: December 08, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2Adefender:
If it shoots as good as it looks, you done well. Congrats on the move out of western WA.

That's right! And thanks!

posted Hide Post
I just bought one of these 509 Trigger Spring kits -- looks like a solid upgrade.

Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Outstanding. FN makes a fine pistol.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12794 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Thanks for supporting the South Carolina economy!

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Copefree:
I just bought one of these 509 Trigger Spring kits -- looks like a solid upgrade.

To update — I installed this yesterday and the trigger feel has been upgraded, immensely. Feels like 3 - 3.5lbs (which is what others who installed it have been seeing).

Still haven’t got a chance to shoot it yet, though.

Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
That is one nice and expensive piece! I like it Big Grin. I recently got turned on to FN with an FNX-45 Tact. I really like the looks of the 509 Tact. It’s near impossible to find in a local shop to handle unfortunately. Please give us a range report and congrats

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 7003 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the new gun. I admit that initially I wasn't all that taken with the 509 but having since shot it on a couple of occasions I confess that I like it. For me it really isn't all that different than the FNS9 that I already own and don't shoot enough as it is, so I doubt that I'll ever buy a 509. But that Tactical package is a pretty sweet setup, plus it sells very well for us.

Glad to hear that you've gotten out of this hellhole that used to be one of the best places to live, though in my thinking you might not have moved far enough east given the crap spewed forth from the three Cunties (King, Snohomish, Pierce) and Olympia. But at least on the east side it's a lot less in your face.

-MG

Posts: 2006 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, FN 509's are great pistols. I've been thinking quite a while about getting the 509 Tactical Compact to go along with my full size 509 Tactical.

In my opinion, FN is sometimes overlooked and under appreciated considering the fine pistols they produce.

Posts: 105 | Registered: November 04, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post