SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What's your favorite AR brace?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What's your favorite AR brace? Login/Join 
posted
As the title states, what's your favorite AR brace?

My thoughts, Sig's original brace is bulky. The KAK Blade is simple, but cheesy.
Which led me to the SBA3, adjustable, quality and looks nice.

So, what other brace fits in the same or better category as the SBA3?

Photos welcome.

Posts: 10052 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
Excam,

I'm new to the AR pistol thing but have jumped in head first!

Here are my 2 that I recently built with the SBA4 brace.

I also like the SBA3 but have found the SBA4 has many more color options than the SBA3.

I have a 9mm build in progress (that one will be blue) and using the SBA3 on it. After all my research, I could only find one blue brace, and it was the SBA3.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Syngin1066
posted Hide Post
I like the sba3 the best. It’s streamlined and light weight while being solid.

All I've had all day is like six gummy bears and some scotch...

Posts: 4851 | Location: Celina, TX | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
I like the looks of the Magpul BTR arm brace.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On AR's I like the SBA3 because it uses a standard mil spec buffer tube.

On most other things I like the Tailhook - Scorpion, SP5, etc.

Posts: 4701 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
I like the one that came on my PSA 9mm. SB Tactical SOB brace I believe.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15561 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Strike brace, the fin. Got one for $25. Considering their potential uselessness when the ATF puts out their final regulation on usage in January I'm glad I didn't pay more.

Goes to the thread posts - two years ago there would be dozens, after Form 4999 made the rounds everybody is in wait mode, and vendors have sold off a lot of stock while they could. IF the ATF comes up with a determination that causes owners to be forced to remove it, I'm glad I went pistol buffer tube. Loosen one screw and off it comes. Others will be forced to replace the entire assembly and I expect tubes to be in short supply in February if - if - that happens.

Remains to be seen in about 5 weeks.

Posts: 613 | Registered: December 14, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tirod:
Strike brace, the fin. Got one for $25. Considering their potential uselessness when the ATF puts out their final regulation on usage in January I'm glad I didn't pay more.

Haven't been following which direction the wind is blowing lately on the braces. Got tired of watching the new daily update on them.
So, assuming what you're referring to isn't related to *only* strike brace, but to all braces?

Posts: 10052 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I guess I like the fussy, overly complicated designs then, like the Maxim Defense CQB-PDW telescoping or the very similar SB Tactical PDW. Not the greatest for "cheeking" but then these are (ahem) 'braces', right? And we all know that we're not supposed to be shouldering them more than "incidentally"...right, ATF? Roll Eyes

I too also like the Gear Head Works Tailhook, but for exactly the opposite reason that I like the Maxim: minimalism. It's worked so well for me on my SP5K PDW that I'm considering using it as a stock substitute on several of my rifles. Might even make the first one a folder and spring for the Law Tactical adapter.

-MG

Posts: 1979 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Stabilizing braces suck at its actual designed function. So, the SBA3 is fine with me.
Seriously, how many honestly use the SB the way it was designed? You can't tell me that sticking your forearm inside that little strap help you aim and shoot that's worth a damn. That's just a freaking ridiculously awkward position.

The KAK Shockwave blade claims to be superior, but to me it's just another gimmick.

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
SBA3 all day.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Although I have one pistol with an SBA3, and like it well enough, I've found the GearHead Works Tailhook braces to be excellent.
I have a Mod. 1 and a Mod. 2 on AR pistols and they function quite well as actual arm braces, as well as performing *ahem* "other" methods of stabilization.

Posts: 91 | Registered: June 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am on the Gear Head Works bandwagon. I have 1x mod1 on my Scorpion. Then 4 mod2 in various colors for AR pistols. They are solid pieces of kit. Highly recommend.

It's all about clean living. Just do the right thing, and karma will help with the rest.

Posts: 1113 | Location: The Republic of Texas | Registered: April 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
SBA3 for me.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3641 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
I prefer the SBA3 for looks and function.

Posts: 1349 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SBA3 is it for me.

Posts: 10 | Location: Colorado. | Registered: November 08, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SBA3.

Posts: 286 | Location: midwest | Registered: May 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of papaac
posted Hide Post
Mine came with a Shockwave Blade.

https://shockwavetechnologies....e-pistol-stabilizer/

"Among a people generally corrupt, liberty cannot long exist." Edmund Burke

Posts: 4974 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: August 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't own an AR but based on use on other platforms, if I were to do an AR build, I would go tailhook without question. More compact, sleeker, and more professional looking. Especially on a folder.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: pace40,

Posts: 638 | Location: in the PA woods | Registered: March 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep, Tailhook.

Posts: 135 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: October 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post