SIGforum
New M&P 2.0 Compact…any advice ?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/4970025194

April 29, 2022, 07:41 PM
bcjwriter
New M&P 2.0 Compact…any advice ?
It’s funny, I see a lot of people who had a lot of initial interest in the M&P 2.0 but now everyone’s back to just talking about Glock where I’m at.

May 01, 2022, 07:31 AM
kidcop
quote:
Originally posted by bcjwriter:
It’s funny, I see a lot of people who had a lot of initial interest in the M&P 2.0 but now everyone’s back to just talking about Glock where I’m at.

Hmmmm. I retired from a M&P issuing agency and when I showed up with a 4 inch 2.0 Compact there was talk amongst some of the troops about switching to it, as it would serve well both as a duty gun and an off-duty gun. It didn't go anywhere, but some guys bought in for off duty carry. Those were the real meat-eaters for whom the Shield wasn't enough gun.
May 01, 2022, 12:02 PM
sigarms229
I picked up a 2.0 Compact 4" last year for a steal at a local FFL. They had a sale that they weren't allowed to advertise online (per the distributor) and could only put flyers on their doors and in store.

NIB S&W M&P Compact 2.0 4" barrel with three 15rd mags, $299. I didn't need one but I bought one.

I've put a few hundred through it with no malfunctions and I'm impressed how well it shoots. Only thing I'll probably change is the sights.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six
May 01, 2022, 03:32 PM
94hokie
Dang, I would gladly have picked one up for $299, to me that’s a no brainer.
May 03, 2022, 03:30 PM
jljones
It’s kinda cool to see the pendulum swing away from the whole nonsense about how Satan will steal you’re soul if you modify a carry gun.

I will say from experience, some people that modify their guns don’t have the trigger control to keep up with the factory 2.0 trigger. That’s not meant as an insult to anyone, it’s meant to signal that the 2.0 trigger is quite good for most people’s needs.

The Apex DCAEK excels at being just plain better. I picked up a new 2.0 CORE recently and mounted an RMR06 on it. When you dry fire it in the factory setting, I get an ever so slight left to right movement of the dot. That is partially the sear releasing and partially the harmonics of the striker falling. When I install a well worn frame with a DCAEK installed, I cut that ever so slight movement in half.

In live fire, I get a modest decrease in splits. I’ve come to accept that at my fastest, about a .15-.16 split is all I can do. I know some dudes that can bang out .10-.11s but it ain’t me. With the factory sear, it’s closer to .19-.2.

The other thing I get from the DCAEK is smaller groups at a distance.

What does that data mean? If you are a good shooter, with great trigger control, the DCAEK is totally worth it.

I am a big M&P 2.0 fan.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

May 03, 2022, 07:10 PM
amc
I bought a fde compact 2.0 last year. It's a great gun. My only complaint is the over aggressive texture. It feels great in the hard but not so great on my love handles. A set of talon rubber grips fixed it.
May 07, 2022, 06:50 PM
bcjwriter
So I picked it up today, cleaned it (previous owner had t since it was last shot) and put in the small palm swell. Great feeling pistol - looking forward to the range this week.

May 09, 2022, 02:58 PM
Ryanp225
Nice!
I shot mine in a USPSA match yesterday. Great pistols.
May 09, 2022, 03:15 PM
Eaganite
I recently bought a 4.25-inch M&P 2.0, had it to the range the other day for the first time. First shot was on the edge of the bull's eye, all in all was very happy with it.
May 10, 2022, 02:41 PM
bcjwriter
Just shot my 2.0…I may be ruined for my Glocks…crap!

May 10, 2022, 04:07 PM
Delta-3
quote:
Just shot my 2.0…I may be ruined for my Glocks…crap!

Welcome back from the dark side.

Rom 13:4 If you do evil, be afraid. For he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.
May 14, 2022, 06:36 PM
bcjwriter
Was able to view enough YouTubers to figure out how to delete the manual safer and install the plugs…all is right with the world…