SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sight pusher for Sig P-series ?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sight pusher for Sig P-series ? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
The Range master will do full sized 1911 rear sights, but the reach isn't there for doing the front one on a full size 1911. The range master was made to provide a little less expensive alternative, that had all the holding characteristics of the Pro model. I like mine enough , that if I ever felt the need to have a full sized 1911, I would spend the money and buy a Pro. These are well made . And I like well made things. {I especially like how the clamping sys is clamped on machined / true surfaces.}

Posts: 58 | Registered: October 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
rush chairman
Picture of Guy1
posted Hide Post
I have a P series sight tool I’d be happy to loan and have shipped back

Posts: 713 | Location: MS | Registered: November 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
B&J Machine makes an excellent universal sight pusher. Works great on any pistol I have used it on.

Posts: 385 | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of T.Webb
posted Hide Post
A couple of years ago, I brought the NC Star, the Sight-Tool, and the Wheeler. I wasn't at all thrilled with the first 2, but the Wheeler seems pretty good. I picked up a second Wheeler a while later to keep in my toolbox at the range. While it appears as though it might scratch the sides of your slide, I haven't had an issue. But I also started to apply painters tape to the sides of the slide before setting everything up.

"Tonight, we are a country awakened to danger and called to defend freedom. Our grief has turned to anger and anger to resolution. Whether we bring our enemies to justice or bring justice to our enemies, justice will be done". {George W. Bush, Post 9/11}

Posts: 842 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. / Stephentown, N.Y. | Registered: March 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
There was one in the SIGforum Classifieds tonight....It lasted 34 minutes!

They do show up from time to time

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8919 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
MGW makes quality stuff. I have two gun specific MGW tools for Glock and Sig pro. I also purchased MGW universal tool, which is what I wish had been available earlier. The only downsides of universal tool is that while you can take it to the ranger it is a bit large. And universal tool takes a bit longer to set up. But universal tool is beautifully machined and tough and it only costs about $25 or so to add a new pistol via purchase of shoe.

davemercer

Posts: 936 | Location: NE USA | Registered: July 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was lucky enough to find a Range Master on eBay for a great price. I had been looking at the Wheeler tool and a handful of others, but am extremely glad I spent the extra money on this one, even if I've only used it once so far.

I can confirm (because it was a bit difficult for me to find this information the first time around) that it works just fine for the front sight of a P226, which is the longest slide I have to worry about right now.

Even had I paid full price, given how difficult it was to move those sights with the fine-threaded screws and beefy construction of the Range Master, I almost certainly would have screwed things up if I'd bought the Wheeler.

Posts: 279 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: August 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Guy1:
I have a P series sight tool I’d be happy to loan and have shipped back

Very generous offer . I might have to take you up on that when the time comes.
Thanks.

Posts: 705 | Location: S.W.Florida | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post