SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Back in the 45 game -updated with holster
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Back in the 45 game -updated with holster Login/Join 
posted
I've owned several 45acp guns over the years, p220s, g21, g30 and a few 1911s but eventually traded them off for the superior(sarcasm) 9mm hicap pistols.
This month I find myself with a few new to me 45s that are keepers. A very good condition SA Garrison stainless and a excellent condition S&W 4516. The 4516 had the original box, original grips, hogue grips,7 mags and a couple sets of replacement recoil springs. This thing is a tank for a compact 45. When you run out of ammo, it'll make a great club.

[IMG:left] [/IMG]

This message has been edited. Last edited by: amc,

Posts: 2753 | Registered: March 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Cool!

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
Love the 4516. Well done!

0:01

Posts: 4211 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
Very nice on both fronts. I have the exact same Garrison and I love it.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4522 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Two excellent scores! I own an SA Loaded Stainless that is very similar to your Garrison, although I actually prefer the feature set of the Garrison as it comes from the factory (wasn't available back when I bought my Loaded). The internals are pretty much identical, though, and mine has been an accurate and reliable gun that is a joy to shoot.

I had the pleasure to shoot a 4516 about a year ago, and what an awesome gun that was! The steel frame soaks up the recoil and the trigger was amazingly smooth. I picked it up and with the first mag tore a one-hole group in the target at 7 yards. It belongs to a buddy and it was his Grandpa's old duty gun, otherwise I'd have been after him to sell it to me right then and there. As it was, I told him he should keep that thing forever...awesome family heirloom.

Posts: 8567 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
I like both of your pistols, it's hard to decide which one the most. I'll call it a tie.

I got back into the 45 game again about a month ago, with a Tisas 1911A1, which I really really like. First 1911 I've had since 2015. I just wanted a simple 1911, the quality of the Tisas really is good. I'm going to keep it just like it is, no extended safeties, beavertails, etc.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Those are nice looking 45's

I have always had an affinity for the 4506, 4516, etc..

Growing up in Cols, OH, the Columbus PD issued the SW 45 series, and all my buddies dads carried them. I just knew I was going to be issued and carrying one for my career. WRONG>>

(Well after 5 tries, and even after being a Police Officer 7 years, I gave up).

Like many of us have said in the past/present/future, I should have bought one years ago.

I think they shoot great, and carry well.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Old school cool! Very nice.

Smith made some very competent .45s.

Posts: 462 | Location: Illinois | Registered: June 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
Both are very nice, the S&W is a great find.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1553 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Congrats on both! I’m a big 1911 fan but those S&Ws have always looked mighty good to me.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6693 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, im looking forward to getting these 2 out to the range as soon as I can find some 45 ammo.
I miss the good old days when wally world still carried pistol ammo.
I also picked up a cz pcr that I can't wait to shoot. Too many toys, not enough time.

posted Hide Post
Nice score. Big fan of those Smith semis.

Ignem Feram

Posts: 528 | Registered: October 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Those old Smiths are cool, but for a compact, I'd want a much lighter gun, and would prefer more rounds.

Still, nice pistolas.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Garrison needed some nice leather so I made my 1st holster.
Got a long way to go before it's up to Ryan Grizzle standards but I'm happy with how it turned out.
Leather belt loops would have been more traditional but I like the easy on off convenience of a polymer clip.
[IMG:left] [/IMG]

posted Hide Post
I was a 1911 guy for a bit. Went the whole bare bone to super custom route. Got away from it when I shot a 228. That's where I've been since then but last year I acquired a Springfield Armory Defender 1911 Milspec. It is bare bones except for the pretty good 3 dot sights. And it shoots dead nuts on. One of these is good enough. Everyone should have at least one 1911.

Posts: 4658 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Those third generation guns from SW were some of the best ever made.

Posts: 1660 | Location: SC | Registered: December 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Finished sealing the holster and attached hardware.
What do you think?
[IMG:left] [/IMG] [IMG:left] [/IMG]

semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Nice holster. Do you have any history in leatherwork?

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11278 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
Nice holster. Do you have any history in leatherwork?

No history in leather work. Just started getting into it to make a sheath for a knife I made. The sheath didn't turn out very good but I learned a lot of what not to do. Then made a pocket mag holster that turned out better. This is my 3rd project.