SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P320 FCU removal
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320 FCU removal Login/Join 
posted
I cannot get the FCU out of the grip! The takedown lever is removed. I can lift the front of the FCU easily about 3/4 of an inch ... something seems to be catching in the rear of the FCU? Thanks in advance.

Posts: 1417 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: January 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Udo
posted Hide Post
Try slightly pulling the trigger while you lift from the front of the fcu

Posts: 1762 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: January 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I usually just grab it by the front left frame rail segment (the one right above the takedown lever hole) and pull up and forward. If you can't get it that way, push forward and up on the back of the trigger. Sometimes they're kinda stiff, especially when new...but there's nothing holding it in there but friction after you get the takedown lever out. Use a little pressure and it'll come.

Posts: 8616 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sometime it helps to put something like a screwdriver under the front of the FCU and leverage the FCU up. After the FCU starts coming up make sure you move the trigger back a bit to allow it to go up through the grip module.

The FCU isn't attached per-mentally anywhere, it just fits tight to very tight in some guns. It's better to be tight than loose

Posts: 113 | Registered: December 01, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks to all ... I just wasn't pushing/pulling hard enough ... partly out concern for breaking something ... and partly due to arthritis.
Thanks again for the responses.

Posts: 1417 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: January 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I find that gentle upward pressure on the trigger while lifting the front end, works.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Although not inexpensive, I had long since forgotten the price of the “P320 Accessibility Tool” offered by The SIG Armorer. It has other features as well, but I use it most often to rotate the takedown lever and to lift the FCU out of the grip module. It makes both functions much easier for someone like me with arthritis and diminished hand strength.

https://www.thesigarmorer.com/...ct/p320-access-tool/

6.4/93.6

Posts: 47412 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Glad you got it figured out!

Posts: 8616 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I also recommend the Sig Armorer tool; it is well worth the money for all it can do.

I had previously purchased from SigSauer their armorer's block; however, it is nowhere as useful as the SigArmorer tool (and less expensive too!)

Posts: 248 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: November 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sig Armorer tool is interesting, grey guns also make a Sig Armorer block.

Has anyone used both and could compare?

I was trying to decide between the two

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig2392:
Sig Armorer tool is interesting, grey guns also make a Sig Armorer block.

Has anyone used both and could compare?

I acquired the Grayguns block shortly after it was offered, so I don’t know if there is any later version, but what I have is just a block to hold the fire control unit/receiver in secure position when working on it to install the sear assembly or other parts. The block is machined on both sides so the receiver can be laid on either side. There is also a hole to position the striker assembly into and have it stand upright on its back end. That’s useful for installing the striker spring and cups, which can be a little tricky without such an aid. There is also a steel pin set into the bottom of the hole for extra rigidity. The Grayguns block doesn’t have the assistance aids to help with rotating the takedown lever or lifting the FCU out of the grip module.

The tool by The Sig Armorer has the assistance tools as described and a hole for supporting the striker assembly, but without the supporting pin like the Grayguns block. It also has a cut to lay the FCU/receiver into and hold it in position for working on the FCU parts. That part of the TSA block doesn’t enclose the receiver completely like the GG block does and therefore might not hold the receiver as securely.

In short, the GG block is better for working on the striker and FCU assemblies, but the TSA tool has the aids to make it easier to rotate the takedown lever and to remove the FCU from the grip module.

6.4/93.6

Posts: 47412 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
Although not inexpensive, I had long since forgotten the price of the “P320 Accessibility Tool” offered by The SIG Armorer. It has other features as well, but I use it most often to rotate the takedown lever and to lift the FCU out of the grip module. It makes both functions much easier for someone like me with arthritis and diminished hand strength.

https://www.thesigarmorer.com/...ct/p320-
access-tool/

Yep I've had the Sig armorer tool for some time now and find it indispensable for the many things it does. Everyone seems to have problems with the take down lever, I had this problem for a long time until I purchased the tool. Nothings a problem any more. It's a $50 piece of plastic but it's worth a bunch relieving all the issues. Great tool

Posts: 113 | Registered: December 01, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post