SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Romeo zero dot size 3 or 6
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Romeo zero dot size 3 or 6 Login/Join 
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted
What size is preferred? Would go on my P365XL and I doubt I'll be shooting past 15 yards or so.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
Try before you buy if you can. I have RMRs in both 3ish and 6ish MOA dots and both are good. If I had to pick one it would be the 3 since it's a little easier to be accurate at longer distances. But for a close-in-only gun, the 6 is fine, and will appear less "wobbly" compared to a smaller dot. IMO

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3224 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
What is your intention in having and carrying the gun?
3 MOA for a finer sight picture and better accuracy at longer ranges.
6 MOA for faster sight acquisition in self-defense situations at close distances.

6.4/93.6

Posts: 47414 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
What is your intention in having and carrying the gun?
3 MOA for a finer sight picture and better accuracy at longer ranges.
6 MOA for faster sight acquisition in self-defense situations at close distances.

Would be for carry IWB. I've pretty much talked myself into the 3 MOA. My eyesight is pretty good at 20/25 and the 2 MOA Aimpoint on my AR is pretty easy to pick up, so I think that will work out. If not, it is not overly expensive and I can find other applications for it and pick up a 6 MOA.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
I carry a P365X Romeo Zero IWB all day every and have a 3 MOA dot, primarily because that's what it came with.

I find it works very well up close and farther out although I haven't tried it over 25 yards.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think in actual use on a 365 you won’t notice much if any difference. I have thought long and hard about dot sizes and colors and have come to the conclusion I will never get that time back and it was wasted on me.

Posts: 7540 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just came back from a big match where lots of people were enthusiastically banging at partial targets and mini poppers at some 20 yards using mostly 5 MOA SROs and 6 MOA Romeo3Maxs without much concern for dot size.
Two weeks ago shot Defoor's 25 yards hat qual drill 'cause somebody else mentioned it. 14.85 seconds, score 92, stock Glock 26, and 8 MOA Holosun 407CO.
I am yet to come across a situation, match or training, where any dot out to 8 MOA presented an issue with a longer range accuracy.

Posts: 481 | Registered: April 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TrojanX4
posted Hide Post
My 2 cents would be select the 6 MOA dot. I think its a bit easier to acquire the dot and also easier to track at closer distances.

Posts: 1874 | Location: Southern California | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post