SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New SW 19 Carry Comp has Loose Barrel
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New SW 19 Carry Comp has Loose Barrel Login/Join 
Picture of wacopolumbo
posted
Hi All,

I have one of the new Model 19 Carry Comps and noticed after cleaning kit from the last range trip that the barrel is loose. I am not quite sure how they secure the barrel, but it wiggles now. It wiggles side to side, up and down and rotationally. If I look in the ejector housing I can see a tang and notch that seems to keep the barrel from unscrewing. I will call SW on Tuesday, but wanted to see if you guys have experienced anything like this.

The barrel was tight (bought new) and doesn't have that many rounds through it.

Thanks in advance for any information you can provide.

Regards,
Waco

Learning from my mistakes since 1974...

Posts: 1713 | Location: Yorktown, VA | Registered: July 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
This isn't something I'd even consider trying fix myself. Send it back to the mothership and let them fix it under warranty.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
Why is this even being discussed? Send it back to the factory.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep-it has to go back. Typical Smith and Wesson quality as of late. Thats a "PC" gun too. What a sad tale of demise for a once fantastic company.

Posts: 539 | Registered: August 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have always wondered about the durability of two piece or sleeved barrel systems.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16110 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wacopolumbo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by longjohn:
Yep-it has to go back. Typical Smith and Wesson quality as of late. Thats a "PC" gun too. What a sad tale of demise for a once fantastic company.

Thanks all. I am planning to get in touch with SW once they open this week. I just didn't know if any of you had seen this before. I agree about the PC. I worked at a LGS for 6 years and the two R8s we ordered had to go back to SW for loose barrel sleeves. We stopped ordering R8s. I have seen a lot of SW barrels that were out of spec (front sight askew) too. No company or person is perfect, but the SW Performance Center is not what it used to be.

Regards,
Waco

Learning from my mistakes since 1974...

Posts: 1713 | Location: Yorktown, VA | Registered: July 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pizza Bob
posted Hide Post
They use a wrench that engages the rifling and it puts the barrel in dynamic tension between the shroud and frame. Results in increased accuracy, as past owners of Dan Wesson's found out years ago.

Adios,

Pizza Bob-

NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 1451 | Location: Central NJ | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post