SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    HK P30 LEM--should I?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HK P30 LEM--should I? Login/Join 
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
P30s have dropped significantly in price from HK. But for those of us who bought them when HK was still extremely proud of them ($850 and up), it's been a bitter pill. Mid 400s is not an outlandish price point for a used P30 in immaculate condition these days.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ffhounddog
posted Hide Post
In my area used Glocks go for $500 so I was thinking closer to $500 for OTD on a used P30 in 9mm.

Posts: 311 | Location: Huntsville, AL | Registered: January 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I didn't notice a wide availability of 9mm P30 LEM guns at new reduced prices. .40, DA/SA, those I've seen but not the former. But I haven't looked very hard.

Posts: 481 | Registered: April 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of usp_fan
posted Hide Post
No deal yet. I may take another run at it tomorrow.

There are not a lot of new LEM 9mm p30's out there at the new prices.

Posts: 2504 | Location: Bismarck, ND | Registered: March 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by usp_fan:
No deal yet. I may take another run at it tomorrow.

There are not a lot of new LEM 9mm p30's out there at the new prices.

Probably due to dealers sitting on existing inventory bought at the old price level. I received the latest HK price sheet a few months back and the standard size and longslide P30s are far cheaper these days, pretty much matching (or in the ballpark of) the P30SK and VP9s.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of usp_fan
posted Hide Post
Well, I was decided to make it happen. The pistol had been priced at $699 (used) and was on sale for $499. I went in the other day and looked it over. Offered the low end of what I thought they might be able to do. No Joy. They said they'd keep it at $500. I'm sure they took it in on trade prior to the price drop on the P30 from HK.

I figured I'd let it sit and left my phone number. A couple days later, I went by the store and asked to tear it down. Looking inside, it was apparent that it was essentially new. I'd be surprised if more than 100 rounds have been through this P30. The factory installed Meprolight sights were fresh and all grip inserts, 3rd Magazine and all the factory documents/shell casing were present. The 3rd mag had no insertion or feeding marks. The sales guy said they could likely go $475 on it.

I did a little research and found the P30v1 LE package going for $625 and up online. With $15 shpping and $15 transfer fee I figured the nearly new one at the store was a good deal. So tonight I went by and picked her up.

I'll set up the grip, lube it, and hopefully get to the range tomorrow to compare it to my VP9 and the little brother P30sk.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: usp_fan,

Posts: 2504 | Location: Bismarck, ND | Registered: March 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
Good deal!!

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of usp_fan
posted Hide Post
So messing around.with the new p30 last night I noticed some things. 1. The p30sk I have has a nicer trigger. I'll wait to see how the new one breaks in before looking at springs. 2. The full sized p30 fits my Sparks VM2 for the P2000 which I've been using for my SK.