SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P365 Buy Now or Wait?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P365 Buy Now or Wait? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lordhamster:I'd just rather my mechanical things fail later, rather than sooner.

Wait. I thought we wanted our pistols to fail early rather than lull us into a false sense of security only to fail later.

Posts: 8957 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've had my eyes on the P365 from Day One at the Shot Show but decided then and there to wait to see the range tests and experiences of others before I buy the pistol. I'm still in a wait and see state, not rushing into any potential problems, do not want to get into the WTF is going on and having to call Sig to return to factory. The P320 problems of others still resonate and not a single one of my P220, 226, 239 pistols ever had a single problem.

Posts: 1312 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: November 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I for one hope these ultimately do well. I hope it spawns others. Imagine a bit bigger with enough grip no extender, just a decent grip and like 15 rounds but slimmer than anything out there. Say just under G19 size. Slim is the golden dimension for my waistband.

Posts: 1153 | Location: Decatur, GA | Registered: November 14, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Still waiting. Now I seem to be reading about misfires due to light primer strikes and failures to extract with recent P365 builds.

Posts: 372 | Registered: March 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Next year for me.

I need to have more confidence in the design and build.

Posts: 13681 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
W a i t

Posts: 13813 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
Normally, I was in the 'W a i t' crowd. I waited just over a year on the 938s to get mostly shaken out before I snagged up a SAS. Couple thousand rounds later and it's still rolling.

Now, with the 365, I broke from SOP and bought mine because I'd tried one, ( liked it ) and held a new one in the gun store with a twelve round mag in it. My decision was made right there on the spot to buy it. I'd read and watched those who reported issues with their, ( mostly early ) 365s. After 800 rounds, mine seems to not care as much for 115gr, ( I generally don't use 115gr that often, I've stacked deep on 124gr ) and had one light strike, ( striker and striker channel were pretty nasty, so I cleaned them ). This is way more rounds than I typically use to break in a new pistol.

Needless to say, I'm comfortable with my 365 and it's my EDC at work and BUG for the days I'm not working.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, I guess we will find out pretty quick -- I picked up a "used" but unfired example from a gentleman who had ordered one and then found another when the first one was backordered. DOB is 31 May 2018, so it should have the current updates - we will see how it goes. The seller reports that his other P365 has been flawless over 700 rounds.

Pragmatism: the relentless pursuit of seeing things as they really are.

Posts: 172 | Registered: September 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My early July 365 smacks the crap out of the primers. Deep indentations with a bit of a drag mark. I'm wondering if the new striker required the inside of the breech face to be drilled/contoured to match. Any variability in the drilling/chamfering depth (no excuse) could stop the striker short.

Posts: 8957 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ero
posted Hide Post
I rented a 365 the other day at a local shooting range. Shot 100 rounds of Sig Sauer 115 gr. Had 1 fail to eject.

Overall I enjoyed shooting the 365. The grip felt good and recoil was less than anticipated. The trigger pull was a little longer than other Sigs I shoot, but I could warm up to it.

I shot 10 rounds for accuracy at 7 yards and they all landed in an area the size of a silver dollar.

Dan

Posts: 1956 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: April 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
Absolutely love my July 13th dated 365. Low recoil, accurate, good grip & can't beat the 10/12 round mags. Took it out last week & fired 100 HST 124's without incident. I consider this quite a feat based upon the myriad reports of various failures associated with this gun. So, would I carry it? No fricken way. Should I have need for a defensive firearm I'd prefer one that is dead-nuts reliable, based upon both reputation and actual real world use. That's my 43, not the 365 that I love so much.

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chazman1946
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
For me, the primer drag is a serious problem. “x number through mine without any issues!” Is BS imo.

People say that yet they have massive primer drag. That puts stress on the striker and will cause it to fail.

It’s inevitable imo. If they fix that issue, then I would say it’s safe to buy one. Sig telling us small guns have primer drag is a flat lie. It means, “this is wrong, but it would be too costly to fix it, so we’re going to serve you a shit sandwich and hope you eat it.”

If they fix that and no one announces something similar at shot in January, then I’d buy one.

At this point, I’m happy I sold mine still.

Mine is up for sale on consignment as we speak, no hiccups in about 500 rounds, but still didn't trust it.

The primer drag is still severe and mine which has a born date of 28 June 2018. The photo shows the P365 fired case next to a Glock 42 fired case.

The extreme striker drag is self evident on the Sig P365 yet the "all compact pistols have primer drag" is not evident on the 42.

Posts: 78 | Registered: July 06, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Brass Pounder
Picture of roustabout
posted Hide Post
Have the same primer drag on my P365 as Chazman1946. I compared the spent cases with those of my Glock 43, and saw no primer swipe or drag from the G43. The P365 has 515 trouble-free rounds through it. It has a June 14, 2018 build date, and I’m keeping it for now. Going to continue to take it to the range for another 6 months or so to see how it performs. I’m not ready to carry it however.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 1017 | Registered: August 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chazman1946
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by elde:
Absolutely love my July 13th dated 365. Low recoil, accurate, good grip & can't beat the 10/12 round mags. Took it out last week & fired 100 HST 124's without incident. I consider this quite a feat based upon the myriad reports of various failures associated with this gun. So, would I carry it? No fricken way. Should I have need for a defensive firearm I'd prefer one that is dead-nuts reliable, based upon both reputation and actual real world use. That's my 43, not the 365 that I love so much.

That's my thought as well, back to my Glock 43 or Ruger LC9s pro if I want to pack a 9mm carry concealed.

posted Hide Post
++ on G43 and LC9s Pro.

Bu end of the year we may see a Mark 2 version of P365.

Mac in Michigan

Posts: 504 | Location: Below the Bridge in Michigan | Registered: July 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chazman1946
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P320Mac:
++ on G43 and LC9s Pro.

Bu end of the year we may see a Mark 2 version of P365.

This maybe the model that has the thumb safety on it, a picture of that pistol with instructions on how to use the safety was in the owners manual I got with mine in early July.

posted Hide Post
So I took my "new, unfired" P365 to the range with some 124 and 147 grain ammo to test it out and start breaking it in. Ran about 100 rounds thru it, and was generally pleased. I like the feel and the sights -- the pistol points well for me and the trigger is "forgettable", meaning that it does not draw any undue attention. I shoot it at least as well as my other compact 9's, so no complaints there. I had 3 or 4 FRTB's with the 124 grain ammo, easily pushed the slide forward 1/16 inch and kept shooting - no issues with the 147. I also put 20 mixed 124+p and 147 rounds of Remington Golden Saber LE ammo thru it with no hiccups. Brought it home, cleaned and lubed it and will continue the break-in next week. I think I am going to like it so I ordered a holster.

Pragmatism: the relentless pursuit of seeing things as they really are.

Posts: 172 | Registered: September 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
I asked my LGS, which has a range tonight, how well their P365 has done since they started renting it? According to them, it has about 6k rounds fired through it. No mechanical problems like reported on the forum. It hasn’t been flawless but they attribute any problems they’ve seen to user error and/or a very dirty gun. I put 50 rounds throught it myself without any problems. I’m still waiting as I shoot my Nano well enough that I don’t have a “need” to immediately buy one.

Posts: 12466 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bodhisattva
posted Hide Post
A friend was all hyped up to buy one earlier this year. I told him to wait a year or TWO for the inevitable bugs to be worked out. Really sick of beta testing Sigs and IMO they have irretrievably damaged their reputation in the consumer market. But nothing will change as long as they keep getting govt contracts. I still own a few Sigs but dont carry them.

Posts: 11507 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TENWOLVES
posted Hide Post
I’ve never been disappointed with any of my many Sigs, and that includes my P365, Sigs Glock’s, Hk’s, CZ’s,Springfield Armory, and Colt are all part of my EDC rotation, all have proved themselves to be reliable, my June 9 2018 Sig 365 is no exception, waiting for the bugs to be taken care of is exactly what I did, and I’m happy I did, my P 365 hasn’t had even one failure of any kind, and that’s after hundreds of rounds fired threw it, it passed my test for a EDC gun, waiting another year or two wont hurt if you’re not wanting one sooner, but others with the mid May and on manufacture date haven’t had any issues, at least to my knowledge ...

P226 Scorpion, P225 A-1, P 226 SAO Legion, P229 Legion, P 22O Hunter SAO, P938, P320 full, P 320X Carry, P365 P365 XL. P365 SAS

Posts: 277 | Location: Grant Pass, Oregon | Registered: April 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post