SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    My new SAR guns from Turkiye not Turkey
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My new SAR guns from Turkiye not Turkey Login/Join 
posted
I love my various Sigs that I have but I wanted to share with my friends another great lines of guns I just found.

Turkiye's authorities have decided to rebrand their country's international image, here is why.
Earlier this month, Turkiye's President Recep Tayyip Erdogan issued a communique, tweaking the country's internationally recognized name from "Turkey" to Turkiye.
(Source TRT World - 13DEC2021)

After picking up a SAR K2 a week ago (see below), I ordered and received a SAR 2000. I immediately noticed “Made in Turkiye” stamped on the left side of the frame. However, the slide still had “Made in Turkey” stamped on it. I at first thought there had been a mistake made at the factory but then I found the above information on TRT World.

This stainless copy of the CZ 75B is set up just the way I want it. I like the rounded trigger guard much better than the squared off one on the CZ. I already ordered and received two OEM magazines from SAR USA. This appears to be a great company to work with.

I picked up this SAR K2, .45 acp a week ago. It is a real tack driver as many reviewers have already posted. I just picked up a set of KSD grips for it which really dress it up. Had to shim the stock screws since they were slightly too long and interfered with the magazine. I also had no trouble ordering and receiving 2 new mags for it (I now have 4 mags).

I really like these SAR firearms and have a P6c (poly frame, hammer fired) model coming next week.

Trooper Joe

Posts: 426 | Location: Michigan | Registered: September 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wonder if the ATF has approved that spelling change, they seem to believe they can control everything.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5660 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
Like Canik, Sar has a lot of models that punch above their weight class. I've had a couple. The B6 series is one of the best guns you can get for under $300. I've seen some recently brand new in the low $200s.

When I handle something like an HK USP, I often think, "This has a trigger comparable to a B6 but costs 3-4X as much. Why HK, why?"

Yeah, I know the punchline is, "Because you suck, and we hate you."

Posts: 3187 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As Turkey moves ever closer to being an autocratic dictatorship, my enthusiasm for any of their products wanes.

Of course that doesn't stop anyone from buying Holosuns.

(And before you lecture me about typing on a Chinese assembled computer, at least the company that makes it is actually based in the USA.)

Posts: 49 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
I have a FXS-9, made in Turkiye, imported by American Tactical located in Summerville, NC. It was designed to specifications set forth by the Army for the new Service Pistol, though it wasn’t entered in the competition. It is dimensionally just slightly larger than a Glock 19, however magazine capacity is 17 rounds (using CZ-75 magazines) vs the Glock’s 15. Polymer frame, everything else is steel. It has three interchangeable back straps and is very well made.

Posts: 12184 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Misanthropic Philanthrope
Picture of MWC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scooter123:
I wonder if the ATF has approved that spelling change, they seem to believe they can control everything.

That's the ATF's spelling. Big Grin

Posts: 6772 | Registered: June 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post