SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig 17 MOS and the Trijicon SRO
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig 17 MOS and the Trijicon SRO Login/Join 
posted
I was looking at the Sig 17 MOS today and tempted to get one. Does anyone know if the MOS cut on the Sig 17 will allow the new Trijicon SRO to be mounted? Any information appreciated.

Posts: 139 | Registered: August 31, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have no clue what a Sig 17 is. But normally the MOS label is for glocks, and I do know what a glock 17 MOS is. SO if we are talking glock 17 MOS then yes you can mount an SRO. The SRO takes the same mount as an RMR and one of the plates in the Glock MOS package is for the RMR. Works fine for an SRO.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11009 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
SIG M17, aka P320

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
MOS is a Glock thing.

Some SIG optics ready guns are cut for SIG Romeo optics, others for the Leupold DPP.

Do you mean a SIG M17?

If so they are cut for the Leupold Delta Point Pro (DPP) footprint. Other RDS require adaptor plates.

SIG has a new Romeo1 coming out, the Roneo1 PRO which uses the DPP footprint.

The SRO uses the same footprint/ mounts as trijicon’s RMR.

Posts: 528 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OK if its a M17 we are talking about. Then no the cutout is for the Leupold DPP.
But you can get an adapter plate from springer precision to mount an RMR
https://shop.springerprecision...RMR-Mount-SP0245.htm
which will easily mount an RMR or an SRO.
This is what I use on the M17 with an RMR, its well made. I have not yet tried the new one with the backup dovetail but that is the one I would get if I was buying now.

posted Hide Post
I talked to Sig, Trijicon and Springer. Springer, who makes the adapter plate, said they have been hearing negative things about the pistol's operation, from their customers, with the SRO because it is mounted too far forward for good operation. They do not recommend doing this with their mounting plate and their engineers are working on a solution. plate.
Why Sig which made a "Delta Point Pro Cut" on the M 17 did not make the cut to allow the mounting of other optics is beyond me. So forget the sro on this pistol. To answer which pistol I am talking about it is the Sig 320 M 17.
https://www.sigsauer.com/store/p320-m17.html
Thanks for all your help.

posted Hide Post
Sorry for the long post, but OK this struck me as odd so I talked to Springer as I had just ordered a new plate with the dovetail to try an SRO on an M17. As A vendor they have been responsive to my questions in the past and were here as well.
The issue is not structural. The SRO optic itself sits much further forward on its mounting base than an RMR. So it is subject to way more debris. It is especially subject to more debris on the models of 320 that have the LCI cutout and no LCI installed. The M17 has an actual LCI.
So the 'problem' if you can call it that is that the optic gets a lot of debris on it. I've had this problem in other setups and its why you see deflector shields on some gun setups. Springer is considering a design update that adds a small lip to the front of the mount that might act like that.
The person I discussed this with was of the opinion that in a real M17 with an installed LCI this is not a meaningful issue.
On some of their other optic mounts they have decided to move the optic further backward on the base to address this and some of those are in production, but they have not made a decision to do so on the RMR one.
So based on that I'm pretty confident that the SRO will be fine on the M17 except that you are going to have to clean it often. I'm going to test it shortly (when the mount gets here) and can let you know.
But an RMR runs mint in this setup and for most people I think its a better option.

posted Hide Post
I appreciate your info on the SRO; but I can only tell you what I was told and that is the SRO mount on the M 17 is not recommended at this time per the lady at Springer; and their engineers are working on a solution. She said it would have to be cleaned every 100 rounds; and they were getting negative feedback from customers on ejection problems.
I already have a Sig 320 compact slide coming back from Jagerworks that has been milled for a SRO; so I am not anxious to experiment some more with the SRO. We will see how this slide works out first. Let you know about that.
The RMR is recommended for duty use and the SRO for competition so they are not the same.
I have tried the Romeo on the Sig Compact and do not like it. The dot is hard to find.
Right now too much is up in the air about this combo so I will pass. Thanks for the extra info though - much appreciated.