SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    HK P2000 - who's carrying one
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HK P2000 - who's carrying one Login/Join 
Picture of bcjwriter
posted
Lately I've been toting my P2000 9mm, and I'd forgotten what a great pistol this is. (Not the SK...but the "full size" P2000...)

Who's still carrying a P2000? Any holster suggestions?

Posts: 1965 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I do , P 2000 LEM trigger , 40 cal nite sights , in Desantis black open top leather holster , trigger feels just like a D/A wheel gun .

Posts: 937 | Registered: July 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
In the 31 years of having a CCW I carried a P2000 longer than any other platform. I carried one from 2008 until 2018 first in 357 Sig and then 9mm. I still have a P2000 and P2000SK in both calibers with the 9mm variants having been tuned over by Gray Guns, Inc. These days I have settled in on a P365 with an XL Wilson frame as my primary CCW which gives me one less round in a considerably smaller package. The P2000 may be the most ergonomic pistol for my hands and I still enjoy how well I shoot them at the range.

As to holster suggestions, I have Milt Sparks VMII as well as some TT gun leather holsters. I am pretty sure I have an original Allessi OWB from holster before Lou died. I typically carried the P2000 in the VMII.

Posts: 2959 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I came back to DA/SA around 2014 or so. Been running a P2000 / 2KSk or P30 ever since for my defensive guns. P2000 generally gets carried in a Vedder Light Tuck or a Desantis OWB. If I am running a TLR-7 on it I run a local custom kydex holster or ……. Another kydex that for the life of me I can’t remember the maker.

I like easy on / easy off holsters and a forward cant so I quite like the Vedder holsters.

Also I am a 3-4 o’clock guy not an AIWB guy. I guess that solidifies my low speed, high drag, “operator” lifestyle. Smile Hell these days that might make me a FUDD. Razz

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7683 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger
I like easy on / easy off holsters and a forward cant so I quite like the Vedder holsters.

I am a big fan of Vedder holsters. I have several of the Light Tuck models. I just ordered another one for a recently purchased G43x MOS.

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4832 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Carrying the p2000 no, but I have shot it a bunch and it’s currently my nightstand gun. Love that gun and feel it’s highly underrated.

Posts: 1626 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is one of the ones in my rotation. My carry holster is a G Code Eclipse (I think, its the single clip version), absolutely great holster.

Posts: 7498 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
HK P2000 is my favorite carry. Mine’s in 40/357.Got both barrels. Wish I had one in 9mm. I always intended to get a conversion kit but have heard conflicting opinions about reliability.

I mostly carry a PCR CZ in 9mm now. it comes in a very close second for ergonomics. I can shoot it a tad faster.

Posts: 1607 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: April 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great guns. I had a P2000 and P2000sk, but sold them both during my "always looking for something better" phase. I don't think I ever found anything better, but just never got around to buying them again.

Posts: 937 | Location: WV | Registered: May 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't think I ever found anything better

Yeah, I always find my way back to the P2000. While there is plenty “better” out there with more features, smaller, better triggers etc. the P2K’s work for me. I just really like the manual of arms and overall feel, shootability, and they are just natural pointers for me.

I seem to waiver back and forth between Glocks and HK’s for my defensive guns but by and large prefer my HKs as I like DA/SA and paddle mag releases.

In todays world of new products with bugs galore released every day I like my humble boring P2000 more and more. It’s everything I personally need and nothing I really don’t.

Posts: 7683 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
I just got back from the range with mine today. First time shooting it with the following:

Night sights
P30 magazine release
Gray Guns SRT
Gray Guns flat trigger
Lazy Wolf 11lb hammer spring
Light trigger return spring
Sear spring (nickle plated)
Black Point Tactical OWB holster and
X-grip adapters x2.

It now feels like a P228 with SRT but isn't so bulky. I have the V3 model.

I really like it now. It might replace my PPQ M2 as my large CCW as it has a smaller footprint.

Posts: 12466 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh man, would love to find a reasonably priced .357 barrel for my SK. Great guns.

Posts: 817 | Registered: February 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
.357 SIG out of an SK is DERLOUDENBOOMER Big Grin. Not much recoil but it'll clear your sinuses. Big Grin

posted Hide Post
I carry my recent-vintage P2000 9mm occasionally. I use a G-Code Incog holster at 3 O’clock. It’s the third or fourth P-2000 that I’ve owned over the years, one in .40. It was joined by one of the recent production-run USP Compact9mm. Those guns went up to a ridiculous price, even used beaters, before HK finally made a stack of them after a long lay-off.

Posts: 143 | Location: Newnan GA | Registered: January 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wasabi
posted Hide Post
This thread has me wanting to put my P2000sk .357SIG back in the rotation. Cool

Posts: 731 | Location: Lutz, FL | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
Just got back into them.

HK is running a magazine promo for $200 rebate, and pushed me over the edge.

I will be purchasing JM Kydex for it after some dry fire and a few hundred round warm up.

Wonderfully enough, P30/VP9 magazines fit and feed. Having the option of a 17 rounder as the reload is a nice proposition.

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11145 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
One of my favorites. I prefer the paddle mag release. I also use a vedder holster JM is a good choice as well.

It would be the perfect gun for me if the flat plate on the mag had just a tiny lip on it and the mag held 15 without having to fool with the x grip adapters.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7946 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
silence is acceptance
Picture of birddog1
posted Hide Post
I love my P2000 V3 9mm. When my kids all turned 21 I let them choose one pistol to keep. The P2000 was the one pistol that was off limits. I’ve got a Vedder Lighttuck and Lightdraw. I also have a TT Gunleather IWB holster which is my favorite.

As my eyes have gotten older I struggle with iron sights so I don’t carry it as much as I used to, I’ve gone more with pistols with red dot sights. I have kicked around the idea of selling but I’m sure I would regret it as soon as I did.

Posts: 2338 | Location: Massillon, OH | Registered: January 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
My hope is to pick up an SK version for carry.

Posts: 1965 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
You may very well find the P2000 carry’s better than the SK. In general terms I find this to be the case for me.